Can someone summarize Indiana P25 vis a vi Safe T?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbtins

I am in and out of the message board due to time constraints, but I have seen some conversation on here that is causing me confusion regarding Indiana and P25.

I have lived in the Hoosier state for about 15 years now -- I know that we have Safe T rolled out statewide and then we just got "done" with all the rebanding?

Are we now going back and changing the entire state from Motorola Type II (EDACS?) to P25?

Thanks.. Mike T

usswood

No.. the system is converting from a P25 CAI hybrid (that mixes analog and digital) system 3600 baud to a true APCO P25 9600 baud system which is digital only

VASCAR2

I have a Uniden 996XT digital scanner and when the towers in my area switch I'll have to change the system from Motorola type II to P25. I haven't checked if I can make the change or will have to re-enter a complete new system the eventually delete the old system.

If you have a digital scanner now and can hear the Safe - T system digital you should be able to program the change to P25.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
As the system is converting by phases, you only need to change the type and reband settings for the area that has switched. If your in an area that you can get the old system, as well as new, you will have to program the new as another system in most scanners. This is where programming software is a blessing. If your using CC only, you don't have to add the new freqs that IDPSC is adding to most sites, but if you are using full site freqs, you need to add those new freqs also. **Unless they switch the CC to one of the new ones***

Status
Not open for further replies.