TDMA 2 scanners for Lake County TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

A wealth of information on these type scanners in the RadioReference wiki pages.

Here are a few:

Uniden models 996p2, 325p2, 536 436hp

GRE PSR800

Whistler TRX models

ryradio

Premium Subscriber
Yes those scanner, properly programed, will work in Lake Co.

Your proximity to a tower and the amount of simulcast distortion you will get is another issue that should be considered before purchasing.

Last edited:

djbrane

TRX and the system

I am looking for someone monitoring the Lake Co System with a TRX.
I have questions I have been unable to get answered.
I was up there this past week, had my TRX-1, programmed through library import, thought I had everything good to go and I was not picking anything up at all.

I then manually used set location function for Lake County, loaded it and still did not pick up any of the system or ISP P25 but did pick up a few VHF Fire freq.

Beginning to wonder if it is the radio because this has happened to a few other systems I have tried to monitor and have picked up nothing.

Have only had the radio a week and have not been able to really use it, very frustrating!

Ed6698

I am looking for someone monitoring the Lake Co System with a TRX.
I have questions I have been unable to get answered.
I was up there this past week, had my TRX-1, programmed through library import, thought I had everything good to go and I was not picking anything up at all.

I then manually used set location function for Lake County, loaded it and still did not pick up any of the system or ISP P25 but did pick up a few VHF Fire freq.

Beginning to wonder if it is the radio because this has happened to a few other systems I have tried to monitor and have picked up nothing.

Have only had the radio a week and have not been able to really use it, very frustrating!

I have a WS1080 and 1095 and have no problem with either system. Make sure in the Trunked System Site Information, Site Details, Site Options that the Trunking Tables are set to Auto Fill. I have read in the past I believe that the Library Import does not have it set this way.

Also make sure you are using for Lake County P25 774.71875 for Control Channel.

For SAFE-T in Lake County make sure you are using 853.3750 for CC.

Status
Not open for further replies.