LaPorte County

Status
Not open for further replies.

losttapes219

I do know that La Porte City PD and Long Beach PD are going to use full-time encryption and that LaPorte County Sheriff and Michigan City PD dispatch are going to be in the clear except for their tac channels.

jrdh1580

Premium Subscriber
Fire will still be dispatched on VHF
All other traffic is suppose to be on 800

Pagers and Tornado Sirens are still VHF therefore they have to keep it for paging

EMS im not sure if they are keeping VHF they too have pagers.

W3AXL

RF Engineer
Premium Subscriber
I'm down at school but I've got a remote SDR set up at home in Michigan City monitoring the control channel there. I can get talkgroup usage and other site info through unitrunker but unfortunately I can't listen to any talkgroups without a second SDR.

WB9EMT

Phase 1 is FDMA, Phase 2is TDMA. CDMA is cellular used by Sprint and Verizon.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

jrdh1580

Premium Subscriber
Phase 1 is FDMA, Phase 2is TDMA. CDMA is cellular used by Sprint and Verizon.

Sent from my LG-LS777 using Tapatalk

ok FDMA

Unless all of my phase 1 FDMA Scanners all of a sudden broke months ago

Over here we went to TDMA

I punched in the new simulcast frequencies and the new talkgroup for MCPD and nothing

I also quit hearing ISP Lowell months ago on my BCD996T

So please correct me if im wrong

vocoder

Maybe the simulcast effect or CC change.
The northern section of the state, many folks are having trouble with safe t on their scanners due to changes in simulcast distortion.

sterlingcat12001

Premium Subscriber
All I know someone told me my Grecom PSR-600 is phase I only, I reprogrammed it and put in wildcards as well, and get things half a** for my area, and others like South Bend PD and Mishawaka I wish not to hear. Michigan City PD came in a few times, but not perfect. I'm now looking at a Whistler WS-1065 but have to make sure it does phase II

losttapes219

All I know someone told me my Grecom PSR-600 is phase I only, I reprogrammed it and put in wildcards as well, and get things half a** for my area, and others like South Bend PD and Mishawaka I wish not to hear. Michigan City PD came in a few times, but not perfect. I'm now looking at a Whistler WS-1065 but have to make sure it does phase II

It only goes up to phase I.

vocoder

Hoosier Safe T is still p25 phase I only! However, laporte county has been re-engineered to a simulcast system. Look in the data base, the site number has changed from a stand alone site / id to simulcast site / id #7. This new system configuration, still phase 1, confuses scanners and makes it hard for them to decode the digital streaming.
Step over to porter county, CC 854.9625, it is still a stand alone site. If your scanner works on that or in porter county, then you indeed are affected by simulcast distortion.
We will upgrade to phase 2 tdma in a couple more years.
There are psr600's picking up the Safe T system in laporte, just depends on the location to a tower site.
Lake county is the only phase 2 tdma system in the area, which is operated by Lake county.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.