TG 12698 schererville fd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vocoder

Is TG 12698 schererville fd dispatch on the SAFE T trs?
Sounded like it could be. Looking for confirmation.

Last edited:

Ed6698

TG 12698 is Schererville FD, I believe I have heard FD dispatches on 12696 also, that is Schererville PD. I originally submitted it a couple weeks ago as 10955, as I heard testing for Schererville FD on it. However I resubmitted a correction for 12698 for Schererville FD. I am not totally sure how they have Schererville setup on SAFE-T yet.

vocoder

Thanks
That answers the mysterious tg caper.

I wonder why they did not keep the original 10xxx tg's assigned to schererville pd / fd and cedar lake fd? But did for CL pd, 10893

Last edited:

shauno

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I wonder why they did not keep the 10xxx tg's for schererville and cedar lake fd? But did for CL pd.
I haven't heard anything from cedar lake...are they active on Safe-T too? Ive only heard Schererville so far

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

vocoder

Yes,
Tg 10893 cedar lake pd
Tg 12701 cedar lake fd

Also, the last porter co simulcast tower is almost complete.

Last edited:

Ed6698

So far I have 99 verified TGs and 19 unverified wildcard hit TGs from several counties since the change over to P25 Phase 1.

Ed6698

I would appreciate that. I don't have as much time to identify TG's anymore, I was off work for 4 months due to a surgery right when the new SAFE-T system came online and I was able to do quite a bit listening and figuring out TG's during my recovery. I do have my Lake County Phase II system TG total up to 174, with about 20 unidentified of those that are not in the RR database.

Last edited:

Ed6698

I started messing around with DMR, I started tracking down some active DMR stuff, but what I am finding is not to much of interest to me, so I have kind of gave up on it for now. I will probably start leaving a couple scanners on set to record wildcard hits again to see if I can track down and identify some more on SAFE-T and the Lake County system.

c_snyder

Thanks

I wonder why they did not keep the original 10xxx tg's assigned to schererville pd / fd and cedar lake fd? But did for CL pd, 10893

From what I can gather and this is just an educated guess, when an agency / department / county adds new talk groups they seem to be structured 126xx and above. For example when the system was setup an agency might have been assigned tg 10955 but then say they decided they need a fireground talk group in addition. The end of the "system sheet" so to speak seems to be 126xx so any new tgid's requested will be in this range and higher. It could be that they are still going to use their original assigned talk group ids but they requested one or two more for ops uses or something. It does get confusing because some agencies have in excess of 4-5 tgid's and then some get by just fine with one.

When Steuben County joined Safe-T they added a lot of new talk groups to their pool in addition to what they already had. All of the new group id's are from 12641 - 12688. Their original tg pool was 12305 - 12316.

Again this is what I've gathered and if it's wildly inaccurate I apologize but it's my best guess.

shauno

Premium Subscriber
I would appreciate that. I don't have as much time to identify TG's anymore, I was off work for 4 months due to a surgery right when the new SAFE-T system came online and I was able to do quite a bit listening and figuring out TG's during my recovery. I do have my Lake County Phase II system TG total up to 174, with about 20 unidentified of those that are not in the RR database.
I checked what I have and I don't have anything on any of those TGs

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.