Hendricks County Ops channels changed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

97B

I noticed I was suddenly unable to receive HC dispatch ops channels last night. I updated my DB this morning, but still haven't heard any traffic yet. Does anyone know if there was a change made to the Ops channels? Dispatch still comes in fine.

97B

Dispatch or Ops? They aren't the same thing.

Fire or Police?

County Law Enforcement Operations 1, 10381
County Law Enforcement Operations 2, 10345
County Law Enforcement Operations 3, 10341
County Law Enforcement Operations 4, 10347
County Law Enforcement Tactical, 10349

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
What type scanner you running? Cause you can find out if it is E fairly simply. And yes, HCLE was going to go E on all but dispatch. I had no timeline on implementation but they were going to throw the switch.

97B

HP2, updated fb this morning after not being able to pick up ops channels last night.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
OKAY as far as I an tell, Dispatch, HQ, and the interop TAC1 GTAC1 are the only Law Enforcement still in the clear. Oh and Animal Control.

racin06

I suppose that encrypting the communications system is supposed to reduce crime? What a bone-headed decision by Hendricks County. I never knew there are more elitists in Hendricks County government versus my very own Hamilton County.

Last edited:

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
If your radio is with in range of the Crawfordsville SAFE-T site, you can receive whatever talkgroups are being transmitted by that site.

The topic of this conversation is certain Hendricks County SAFE-T talkgroups that are now encrypted. You can receive encrypted talkgroups, but you can't understand anything being said on an encrypted talkgroup. The whole point of encryption is that only authorized people who have radios programmed with the proper decryption keys can understand the conversation on that talkgroup.

So, your question about whether or not you can receive these talkgroups in Crawfordsville is pointless. You may be able to receive them, but you won't be able to understand them.

INDY72

Premium Subscriber
So possibly its set for user selectable encryption on C2C... Every one of the Ops I have not seen in the clear for a while.

At last night's communications board meeting Steve Cook said they put out a memo 4 years ago letting LE agencies know all LE channels were going encrypted. As of now the majority of the agencies are fully APX-ed, as soon as the town marshals switch the change will happen.

Steve also said that LE agencies will send one car to fire alarms at schools and some other buildings as a result of the Parkland murders.

Sean Horen (might not have the correct spelling) will be our new EMA director which the county is funding as a full time job.

The county's new CAD system is delayed until Q4 due to Motorola's staging facility in Houston being flooded. Last time I did a factory acceptance test it was in their Elgin IL building, surprised it was so far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.