Lake County system on TRX

Status
Not open for further replies.

djbrane

Anyone with a TRX 1 or 2 that is monitoring the Lake County System?
Having a terrible time monitoring them. No reception, barely hearing any traffic, seems like it is hit and miss.
Leads me to believe I have things programmed correctly just has poor reception?

Ed6698

Anyone with a TRX 1 or 2 that is monitoring the Lake County System?
Having a terrible time monitoring them. No reception, barely hearing any traffic, seems like it is hit and miss.
Leads me to believe I have things programmed correctly just has poor reception?

I do not have the TRX 1 or 2, however I have the WS1080 and 1095 and listen to the Lake County system everyday with no issues, I have 190 TGs programmed for the system, granted some are not used all the time or they are encrypted. Been listening to the system since they first started testing it. I still catch a new wildcard hit here and there, as I have some TG's that are not in the RR database, but as of yet I have not identified them.

vocoder

Get an unication g4 or g5 with tdma off of ebay and the whole lake county will receive with no problem. Ebay has many that are set with great prices at the moment. Maybe sell the scanners on ebay. Many of my friends on the pd or fd agencies there in lake county, use them too. They replaced their scanners with the unication models and gained 100% improvement. And bonus, hoosier safe t in lake county receives great on unication also to hear towns like schererville, cedar lake, state police, etc.

djbrane

I do not have the TRX 1 or 2, however I have the WS1080 and 1095 and listen to the Lake County system everyday with no issues, I have 190 TGs programmed for the system, granted some are not used all the time or they are encrypted. Been listening to the system since they first started testing it. I still catch a new wildcard hit here and there, as I have some TG's that are not in the RR database, but as of yet I have not identified them.

I used RR import for the frequencies. Are they correct? Possibly the issue I am having might be that all of the frequencies are not in there?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
The freqs are correct and verified, reverified multiple times. I would bet you are having simulcast distortion.

djbrane

The freqs are correct and verified, reverified multiple times. I would bet you are having simulcast distortion.
My issue is not picking the system up at all. I am not even getting any traffic to be distorted.
When I am monitoring it, I am all over the county, not in one place. using outside antenna. I am picking nothing up.
Again, I also did not manually program it. I used Library Import with Whistler software

Ed6698

I used RR import for the frequencies. Are they correct? Possibly the issue I am having might be that all of the frequencies are not in there?

I only have the main CC programmed in the Site Frequencies. Make sure you use 774.71875 as this is the main CC in the #1 spot., I have the ALT CCs also programmed in but have them locked out. Since the system went live I have never encountered Lake Co using anything but the main CC. As far as programming the TGs I put them all in manually with EZScan as I started my setup from the day the system went live and added each TG with my own Alpha Tags in manually from wildcard hits. As of now I have 198 TGs programmed in, however several are not identified and are not in the RR database as of yet. I have actually picked up about 6 new TGs in the past week, but have not identified them as of yet. As long as you have the main CC in you should be good to go, the system is very busy at times so there should always be something going on.

Last edited:

djbrane

I only have the main CC programmed in the Site Frequencies. Make sure you use 774.71875 as this is the main CC in the #1 spot., I have the ALT CCs also programmed in but have them locked out. Since the system went live I have never encountered Lake Co using anything but the main CC. As far as programming the TGs I put them all in manually with EZScan as I started my setup from the day the system went live and added each TG with my own Alpha Tags in manually from wildcard hits. As of now I have 198 TGs programmed in, however several are not identified and are not in the RR database as of yet. I have actually picked up about 6 new TGs in the past week, but have not identified them as of yet. As long as you have the main CC in you should be good to go, the system is very busy at times so there should always be something going on.

Thank you for the info, it is greatly appreciated. I will do some rechecking and see what I get

Status
Not open for further replies.