J.E.S. & Sons - Indianapolis (WQUB726) ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Gents,
I was in the Eastern area of the state a few days ago (Brookville/Liberty/Richmond) helping to work on the ERS/OCI Connect+ system; and ran across a signal on 463.4250... I heard no traffic, but it was a solid copy on the BCD436 with an external antenna.

BCD436 was showing the following:
Sys: 372
Site: 1
NX9
RAN: 1

My first thought was that it was Richmond Power and Light, since I was in Richmond, and I knew RP&L runs NXDN... turns out, I may have been wrong...

So far, my research has shown this may have been J.E.S. & Sons system out of Indianapolis... Stands to reason, because I was also getting the ERS/OCI Site 7 as well that day, so there was a little tropo going on....

Digging into the J.E.S. & Sons information on RR.com; I see that they may be, or are in middle of converting over to NXDN... Also, looks like this may be for the Murry St. site; if I can go by the FCC license information...

Anyone have any more info to pass along?... Not a system I would be able to help much with; but, I kind of like knowing what I can about the information I get from the "field" in these circumstances...

del1964

Premium Subscriber
Using my new (with latest Beta firmware version with DMR and NXDN upgrade) SDS-100 I ran an LCN finder on the Greenwood site (from my home in (Southport, IN) last night from 8pm through 5AM this morning and got:

Frequency LCN
462.0000 2
464.1000 7
461.8500 15
463.9500 1
463.8500 3

But.......I've ran LCN finder 3 times on this Greenwood site and all the LCN numbers repeat except for 462.0000 It shows up as LCN 2, 4 and 5 Don't know why??? I've seen some threads talking about others getting similar results with the SDS-100

I did submit to RRDB

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
JES is in the process of popping out its NexEDGE systems. They are running it so far only in the Marion County sites, the rest are still LTR. Expecting that to slowly change up over the next couple of years. Greenwood has 2 licenses, but the location is one site. SMR systems can be rather interesting in mapping out, especially LTR. I have been trying to nail down the JES , Cardinal, and J and K for years.... ERS OCI should nearly all be DMR for its UHF, but is still not done on its 800 sites as far as I can tell (LTR and Motorola Legacy Type II/IIi). I do need someone checking on the rest of the 2 ERS OCI LTR systems to see if they are fully part of the TRBOConnect system yet, and keep watching the Cardinal, and JES, and J and K systems as they change up.

Last edited by a moderator:

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
@milf-
What two remaining sites for ERS/OCI do you need help with?... if they are in the East/SE part of state, I may be able to help at some point...

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
milf,
I should be able to help out on the ERS LTR North system (Richmond site)...
Cannot help on the ERS LTR South stuff... sorry

ERS 800 system, I MAY be able to help on two of the sites (Anderson and Muncie)... not positive, cause those may be on the extreme edge of my range of traveling....

Will help as much as I can, when I can...

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Ok .... had a little time to kill this afternoon; so, I ran over and cruised around the north Richmond area today...

Came across 462.350 / Sys: 372 / Site: 1 / RAN: 1 / NX9... just like my initial post on this thread (463.4250)...solid signal, but no voice traffic...

Checked the J.E.S. info on here, ran it thru FCC ULS database; and, aside from some big name hotels and steel producers in Indy; I can't seem to find a "tie-in" to anyone in the Marion County area for the 462.3500 frequency....Even ran it for a search on a user in the state of Indiana with no luck...

Thoughts, comments.... anyone?

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
@milf,
Ok,didn't think of the RR search option....

however, these two frequencies show up with a SysID of 372...
Don't believe it is the TVA (Tn) or US Steel Canada out of Ontario... plus, it is NXDN and 9600 (per the BCD436)...

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Next would be an county by county fcc search on here or direct ULS search...

Status
Not open for further replies.