Dyer, Saint John

Status
Not open for further replies.

willne1

Is anyone able to receive anything from Dyer? The only thing I can receive is the Fire Repeater. Or am I the only one on here who is even trying :)

LS101

Dyer, St John and Lowell are all using the same "Lake County Public Safety System" on channel #23 can hear everything on my BCD996P2

willne1

Dyer, St John and Lowell are all using the same "Lake County Public Safety System" on channel #23 can hear everything on my BCD996P2
That's the channel I'm listening to TG 23 so the 436 isn't able to receive that?

LS101

Some one else who has that scanner might be better to help you out as i don't have that model. I am in Cedar lake and hear everything on all 3 towns.

willne1

Some one else who has that scanner might be better to help you out as i don't have that model. I am in Cedar lake and hear everything on all 3 towns.

O.K..thank you, one more question if you don't mind, are you using the stock oem antenna?

LS101

Yes it seems to work with out a problem for me,the stock one is just a collapsible one. Have it up about 10 inches , i don't have hardly any trouble on simulcast except Cedar lake at times but all others are really good.all depends on how i got my antenna facing

willne1

What scanner are you trying to use? We need more information.

I'm using a BCD436HP...Thanks for asking. I can get just about everything in the area but not having any luck here in Dyer or St John who are sharing the same P25 system.

Ed6698

Been listening to Lake County's 700mhz P25 Phase II simulcast system for a couple years with a Whistler WS 1080 and 1095 just fine. I am in a good location and have next to no problems listening. Same thing with the state's SAFE-T simulcast system. The Uniden you have should work, but like I said it is all a matter of location.

Last edited:

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
Been listening to Lake County's 700mhz P25 Phase II simulcast system for a couple years with a Whistler WS 1080 and 1095 just fine. I am in a good location and have next to no problems listening. Same thing with the state's SAFE-T simulcast system. The Uniden you have should work, but like I said it is all a matter of location.

Amen to that. When I had my 436HP, my home location wasn't the best for the Lake County system reception. I was only able to clearly receive, at best, around 75% of traffic. However, if I hopped in my car and went about a mile down the road, reception was crystal clear.

Thankfully, the SDS100 pretty much overcomes such location issues with the LC system, and I get about 99% crystal clear reception now from my home.

Status
Not open for further replies.