Wayne County & ERS-OCI & older license

Status
Not open for further replies.

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
So I was cruising thru the "Statewide Trunked" section of the state (bottom of the Indiana page) and came across this system...

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1170

Emergency Radio Services North LTR...

Site #5 is supposedly in Wayne County (Richmond)... no problem, because for years they had an active LTR site that I used to monitor when in the area. So, I go to check the FCC callsign (WPMU870) associated with this LTR site and it shows Goshen, Ligonier and Logansport listed... no Richmond.

I then proceed to check frequencies.... the frequencies shown on the RR.com page don't even match up with the FCC callsign (WQDG933); which is actually the new MotoTurbo site for the Emergency Radio Services (ERS-OCI) system...

What gives with this?

I know we need to verify the older system for activity (actually on my checklist to do next time I'm in the area); but, again, what gives here?

Dave T.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
WPOZ533 would be the callsign for that site.

I also noticed that 461.4875 is still listed as LCN 3 on Richmond LTR, even though 461.4875 in Richmond is now a control channel on the TRBOCONNECT system, same site. 461.4875 should be removed from Site 5 of the LTR system.

On Site 3 of the LTR system (Ligonier), 452.2125 is listed as an LCN when 452.2125 is actually now a control channel on the TRBOCONNECT system, same site location. 452.2125 should be removed from Site 3 of the LTR system.

mike

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
For corrections, please make a sub and I will get to it asap. Licenses have had mods made over years and things have changed on the ERS systems. On SMR systems you may find conventional is trunked, trunked is conventional, site A is used on site D.... Last couple of weeks has been hectic and I am running behind. For those NOT admins, remember we are almost ALL volunteers, and are human and make mistakes. There will be no pooping on the party deck, and no party on the poop deck tonight, and remember, the Captains Dinner is a formal black tie affair. That is all.

:cool:

n8yid

Premium Subscriber
Whoa...

no need to get your hackles raised.... I understand the idea of volunteering for this stuff, actually knew it was that way a long time ago.... I was merely asking a question with no fingers pointed at anyone....

Dave T.

Status
Not open for further replies.