Henry County

Status
Not open for further replies.

greggill

I am trying to pick up Henry County (mostly fire/ems) from Hamilton County on my 436HP. I should be able to accomplish this via mutual aid sites from other counties. I am able to pick up some of the Sheriff Dispatch talkgroup when my scanner connects with the Pendleton site. On a good day I am able to surprisingly pick up the Henry County site directly, but it is never a good connection. I am not picking up any fire/ems though. I have been listening to the Henry County feed on Broadcastify to see what all my scanner is missing. On the online feed the fire/ems channels sound VHF. Does the fire department not use the 800 system? And it seems like more Talkgroups would be shared with mutual aid sites than just the Sheriff Dispatch.

jwheatley

Henry County is in the process of applying for a grant to upgrade radios and I believe to add a radio tower to improve coverage throughout the county. I am certain on the radios but not on the tower.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Henry County is in the process of applying for a grant to upgrade radios and I believe to add a radio tower to improve coverage throughout the county. I am certain on the radios but not on the tower.

I believe they are soon going to, if not have done a study on the best way to proceed with adding a new site, or possibly multiple sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.