Indiana Mil-Air

Status
Not open for further replies.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Steve

How about an Indiana Mil-Air sticky in the forums????

usswood

well the RACERS (ANG 181st FW) just took off from Terre Haute (1230PM Local). Don't know where they are headed, but it sounded like there yearly deployment for Europe. They are suppose to relocate to Fort Wayne, but no one knows exactly when that will happen. Heard them talking to Indy Center about an Air Refueling Track, so I believe they are heading for the east coast to cross the pond for Europe. Anyone confirm this

KD4YGG

Database Admin
usswood said:
well the RACERS (ANG 181st FW) just took off from Terre Haute (1230PM Local). Don't know where they are headed, but it sounded like there yearly deployment for Europe. They are suppose to relocate to Fort Wayne, but no one knows exactly when that will happen. Heard them talking to Indy Center about an Air Refueling Track, so I believe they are heading for the east coast to cross the pond for Europe. Anyone confirm this

Might explain the C-130 that was at KHUF on Saturday.

ISP911

CHEVY flight w/CHALICE and MASH in the Hilltop MOA

Typical daily comms up here but due to the new sticky I thought I'd post:

CHEVY flight conducting AAR OPNS with MASH 82 (KC-135, INANG) then contacts CHALICE (unk poss E-3 or simulated) before working Hilltop MOA with ACM.

370.850MHz - ZAU Hilltop Coordination
350.350MHz - Hilltop MOA (122FW U13)
139.750MHz (AM) CHEVY IN-FLIGHT
138.300MHz (AM) CHEVY (122FW V18)

usswood

ISP911 said:
Typical daily comms up here but due to the new sticky I thought I'd post:

CHEVY flight conducting AAR OPNS with MASH 82 (KC-135, INANG) then contacts CHALICE (unk poss E-3 or simulated) before working Hilltop MOA with ACM.

370.850MHz - ZAU Hilltop Coordination
350.350MHz - Hilltop MOA (122FW U13)
139.750MHz (AM) CHEVY IN-FLIGHT
138.300MHz (AM) CHEVY (122FW V18)

122FW if thats Fort Wayne ANG that is where the RACERS (181st) are moving too

maddogdecker

I was in Ft. Wayne last Thursday and I wasn't able to pick up the Military. They were right over the house. Are these the right AM channels to hear them? 139.750 & 138.300. I'm new to the whole air thing. I love listening to scanners. But I have been into the police and fire/ems stuff.

radioscan

Radio Sensei
Database Admin
All,

I have added entries to the 122nd FW under Allen County>Fort Wayne International Airport
and
the 181st FW under Vigo County>Terre Haute IAP/Hulman Field.
Please check it out and if we are missing any frequencies you may have please submit them.

Mark

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Military still plans jet transfer to Fort Wayne

Looks like some future activity for you all up north. and provides a little more info on above posts:

Military still plans jet transfer to Fort Wayne

Fifteen Air National Guard fighter jets will from be moved from Illinois to a base in Fort Wayne despite a pending lawsuit against the move, an Indiana congressman said.

"The military's committed that Fort Wayne's going to be a super base, and we're going to get planes," Rep. Mark Souder, R-Ind., said Thursday. Fort Wayne also would gain nine F-16s now based at Terre Haute's Hulman Regional Airport.

Under a realignment of military bases announced in 2005, 15 jets from the 183rd Fighter Wing would be moved from Springfield, Ill., to Fort Wayne. But Illinois officials are trying to block the move on the grounds that the governor's consent is required for a National Guard base to be moved or closed.

Souder, whose district includes Fort Wayne, said he had been told the fighter jets are still scheduled to arrive in Fort Wayne in 2009 despite the lawsuit.

He said the jets actually would be reallocated nationwide and describing them as being moved from Illinois to Indiana was a form of military shorthand. He said he believed that the fighter jets from the Air National Guard bases that will be closed or reduced will be pooled and redistributed to bases that are scheduled to expand.

A federal judge in Springfield, Ill., ruled in favor of the Pentagon but a federal appeals court last month sent the case back for reconsideration. A date for the judge to rehear the case has not been set.

Indiana National Guard spokeswoman Staff Sgt. Tracey Couillard said she was not authorized to answer questions about the F-16 transfers

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Inbound Racers - Back From Europe

181st is back in town after their 2 week European vacation.

Racer 4 calling KHUF at 2:45 PM local time for flyover. All birds on the ground by 3:00PM.

Great to hear the roar of F16s overhead after a couple of weeks.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Buckley Boys Stop By For A Visit

With the return of the 181st Racers to Hulman, also hearing conversations about two inbound Buckley Boys who might stop in on the way home to Colorado as well.

Colorado ANG F16s - hearing callsign FALCON

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Still More Arrivals At KHUF

C-130 Inbound for 3:45 PM arrival to KHUF. MUSIC-84 from Tennessee Air National Guard in Nashville.

C-5 Inbound Heavy for 6:00 PM arrival to KHUF.

140.7875 Mhz busy with flightline operations

Both planes to refuel tonight - sounds like they'll stay the night.

Last edited:

KD4YGG

Database Admin
kb9sxk said:
Can one hear any of this in evansville?

Adam

You might want to program in the Indianapolis ARTCC frequencies - UHF primarily.

Otherwise, the following three are the key Air-Air Operations used.
140.2000 (AM Mode) Air-Air
392.2000 Racer Ops
257.9500 Racer Ops

Red Hills MOA is the main training area and it extends into Gibson/Pike counties.

Also, you might try the aerial refueling tracks overhead as well.

Indiana does have a fair bit of mil-air monitoring possibilities.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Red Hills MOA - Hot As Of 8:15 PM Eastern

Hearing Racer Operations on 257.9500 down in Red Hills MOA

VIPER 21 (IL ANG Springfield) working multiple bogeys westbound with DARKSTAR.

VIPER 21 requested direct to Springfield from Indianapolis Center at 8:45 PM Eastern.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
Kentucky Visitor at KHUF

Kentucky Air National Guard C130 landed at KHUF this afternoon - hearing Derby Ops calling tower for landing/taxi instructions.

Could the boys be finally heading up north? Let's hope not!!!

seanb580

I saw a post, I think it may have been in here, about a freq. for commercial air-air ? I was wondering if anyone would know what that is? Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.