• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Zeromatic on the PRO-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Hi again all

Anyone know why my PRO-96 will not turn the zeromatic function on?? Is this a function that can only be activated with the software?(I do have Win96) The manual says that it only works on banks 2,3,4,5,6. I am in bank six trying to load some of Airforce 1's frequencies and it is rounding them off. I hate when it rounds them off.

So, any help at this point will be appriciated

Thanks
[/b]

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I thought you could only use Zeromatic in Searching. I don't think it works by direct entry. I could be wrong, but the only way I can get it to work is by searching.

PS- looking at the manual again, it says it only works in search banks 2,3,4,5,6. I know the feeling about it rounding them off. It won't take 151.900. One of my main freq's. I have to hear it at 151.895.

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
Well Scanner Freak,

You would be absolutly right! I went into the search bands and it worked just fine.....hmmm now I just have to learn a bit about that....

Thanks!

mciupa

Eric, I was wondering if you could over-ride the step size in your
radio. :idea:
For instance, let's say you are entering a UHF freq and it increases freq.
every 12.5kHz.
Can you select 6.25 kHz or 25 kHz or something different to nail the freq. right on ,instead of the rounding- off you are encountering?
Does your radio allow that selectivity?

Anyway that's my Canadian two cents worth of advice. :lol:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanner_freak said:
...I know the feeling about it rounding them off. It won't take 151.900. One of my main freq's. I have to hear it at 151.895.
Hmm, not to start an argument but 151.900 is not a valid channel in the FCC bandplan, whereas 151.895 is. What are you listening to that has an assigned frequency of 151.900?

KB8UYC

Premium Subscriber
I have looked at the manual, and there is no way to change the step size. I will look in the morning and see if the software allows it, something somewhere has got to work!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
loumaag said:
scanner_freak said:
...I know the feeling about it rounding them off. It won't take 151.900. One of my main freq's. I have to hear it at 151.895.
Hmm, not to start an argument but 151.900 is not a valid channel in the FCC bandplan, whereas 151.895 is. What are you listening to that has an assigned frequency of 151.900?

Might be assigned as 151.895, not sure. I believe they are operating this illegally as there is no FCC info on it. It's a channel our Local Sheriff's dept. uses. I just alaways had it in as 151.900 on my 296D. When I got my pro-96 it wouldn't take it.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
erchambers said:
I have looked at the manual, and there is no way to change the step size. I will look in the morning and see if the software allows it, something somewhere has got to work!

You can't change the step size. That is one thing I miss about my 296D. You could. :(

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
scanner_freak said:
Might be assigned as 151.895, not sure. I believe they are operating this illegally as there is no FCC info on it. It's a channel our Local Sheriff's dept. uses. I just alaways had it in as 151.900 on my 296D. When I got my pro-96 it wouldn't take it.
Well, I did a search on 151.895 here on the site for IN and got quite a few assignments, they were all IG types but that really doesn't mean anything. Not knowing where you are, I couldn't guess but why don't you take a look (it takes a moment to process): http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&freq=151.895&action=sf&stid=IN

scannerfreak

Database Admin
I'm in Dearborn County. It's a car to car for the S/O. I would imagine it would be listed as "Dearborn, County Of" like all their other freq's. I have searched time and time again with nothing. I haven't put it in the DB because it lacks a License.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Scanner Freak, There are many Law Enforcement Agencies that seem to be using freqs that the liscenses have expired, or that are liscensed to other users in the county they operate in. Also remember that there is a special condition for lea's that they may use any freq in the band they operate in for special purposes, and this is sometimes interpreted loosely. The original exception was meant for surviellance. I wish there was a way to go back say 8 to ten years in the FCC search system to find the original liscense for agencies. Example- Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Department (Louisianna), has a new narrowband VHF setup, but has not begun using it yet, and is still using 151.0700 MHz as F-2 (the liscense for this freq is expired). And MS is infamous for the "illegal" usage of freqs.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
If the FCC was to go back to fining those in MS, and LA for that, they would not need additional funding for twenty years!

scannerfreak

Database Admin
milf said:
Scanner Freak, There are many Law Enforcement Agencies that seem to be using freqs that the liscenses have expired, or that are liscensed to other users in the county they operate in. Also remember that there is a special condition for lea's that they may use any freq in the band they operate in for special purposes, and this is sometimes interpreted loosely. The original exception was meant for surviellance. I wish there was a way to go back say 8 to ten years in the FCC search system to find the original liscense for agencies. Example- Tangipahoa Parish Sheriff's Department (Louisianna), has a new narrowband VHF setup, but has not begun using it yet, and is still using 151.0700 MHz as F-2 (the liscense for this freq is expired). And MS is infamous for the "illegal" usage of freqs.

Yep, I am well aware of this Milf. There is a guy, don't remember his name, on the scan Indiana Mailing list who comes out every now and then with a list of these in Indiana. There are hundreds of them!

Status
Not open for further replies.