• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

I-call

Status
Not open for further replies.

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
I have to put this to rest once and for all. I heard that you can hear I-call on a 9600 system as well as a 3600 system and then I heard that you can't hear it on a 9600 system. I own a 296d it has I-call is that only for 3600 or both? I guss I should ask uniden but figure I well try here first. I have programed the wild card for all I-call's however I don't hear anything on the 9600 system here. They may or may not use it I don't know? I live in Co. :?

holly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

Well i know where i live before they went to provoice i was able to hear i calls on the 9600 and i have a 250d with the card,so i would assume you would be able to pick it up.First program the freq then the ids and look at the book to do the i calls but on mine i just have to go down the menu and hit i call and thats that.

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
"I have to put this to rest once and for all"

No radio on the market today can pick up I-Calls while trunking a 9600 baud system. The Uniden models can pick up I-Calls on 3600.

- Rob

FiremanSparky

I-Call

Hello everyone
FYI. In Colorado, the Region 7 Plan (Mutual Aid Channels) includes I-Call, ITac-1 through ITac-4, and S-Tac-5. Our agency recently switched from an analog trunked 800 mhz system to a APCO-25 Digital trunked 800 mhz system (9600 baud). We have these I-Call and Tac channels in both systems. I believe that these are programmed in the conventional analog mode, so you should be able to receive them on the 3600 & 9600 baud systems (provided they are programmed correctly). This link:

http://www.state.co.us/dtr/icall.htm

gives some more info on the mutual aid channels and the frequencies. Hope this is helpful.

scannerfreak

Database Admin
Re: I-Call

FiremanSparky said:
Hello everyone
FYI. In Colorado, the Region 7 Plan (Mutual Aid Channels) includes I-Call, ITac-1 through ITac-4, and S-Tac-5. Our agency recently switched from an analog trunked 800 mhz system to a APCO-25 Digital trunked 800 mhz system (9600 baud). We have these I-Call and Tac channels in both systems. I believe that these are programmed in the conventional analog mode, so you should be able to receive them on the 3600 & 9600 baud systems (provided they are programmed correctly). This link:

http://www.state.co.us/dtr/icall.htm

gives some more info on the mutual aid channels and the frequencies. Hope this is helpful.

I-CALLS are direct to direct conversasions on the trunked radio system. Kinda like a cell phone.

You are refering to the NPSPAC Nationwide 800 MHz Mutual Aid Channels and are off the trunked system when in use. Totally different!

Status
Not open for further replies.