• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

What type of LTR system is this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I have found a new LTR system on line, but there is something unusual about this one. I bow to the LTR gurus to solve my conundrum.

I see the ID's, I hear the key up beep, but there is no data burst. It tracks like any other system on my 780, no problems......but no idle burst. What the heck kind of LTR system is this?

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
as the LTR Passport and Regular LTR have the data bursts,.. unless they made a new kind,.. it has to be multinet.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If the 780 tracks it, the system is ordinary LTR. One of the com companies here purposely turned off the idle burst on all his LTR systems. He said it was unnecessary and didn't want the wear on the transmitters. The users certainly don't notice any difference and the780 tracks the systems just fine.

There are all sorts of LTR system configurations in use. Some have idle bursts on all channels, some have them only only home channels, and others don't use them. The same is true of CW identifiers. None of this affects the ability of the BC780 to track the system.

DJ88

To Pro92b

Thanks for your excellent explanation about the data bursts. I live in Ocean County New Jersey and the fireground operations for one of the fire departments here is on an LTR system. I, too, have never heard the data bursts everyone talks about with an LTR system and wondered why. Now I know. Thanks again for your input.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
So it's possible to turn the data bursts on and off? I guess that explains it. Thanks all for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.