• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

*Not an Ad....Glenayre

Status
Not open for further replies.

quarterwave

Does anyone know if there is still a market for paging stations? I have access to a GL-861 VHF Station with Zetron 66 and mathcing 64 (that needs fixed) that is out of serivce.

I am guessing it is a lost cause. I keep an ear on 2 way....but I have no idea about paging....only that most of the paging freqs I know of are quiet these days.

Thayne

Probably not; not enough Glenayre stuff around and what I have seen around is pricey IMHO.
I have parted out about 5 900 MHZ 500 watt ones, not much interest except in the power supplies, RF decks & the racks.
I modified one of the 26VDC power supplies, it will run 90 amps continuous and is regulated too. I feed 4 solar type battery chargers I got free with it & have 12-15 VDC out the wazoo.
Only trouble is the transformer hum. Usually run on batteries except when charging about 3 hrs daily.

quarterwave

I just hate to see equipment go to waste. It cost this company $25,000 12 years ago and they used it for 3-4 years and pulled the plug (it replaced a 1/4k Micor type)...but paging was a good business until good portable cell hones and better coverage took root. They couldn't have know that for sure then.

Have 3 - 250 and 330 watt VHF's going to to the recycling center....junk now...but many years of service in IMTS and Paging.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Per a USA Mobility pager tech I talked to they bought out Glenayre and all the rights to their equipment. They still use and repair a lot of it, especially on VHF (152MHz).

k8zgw

There may well be interest in the amateur radio market.
A 1/4 K amp, loafing along at 100 - 150 watts will play a long time.
Not going to command the bux it once did, but better then the scrap heap.

Status
Not open for further replies.