• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Narrowbanding Signs

Status
Not open for further replies.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
My employer has finally started getting serious about collecting the leftover old equipment.

They have been deploying NB equipment since it became an option and a couple years ago started to "flick the switch". They have been deploying NXDN for a few years now too, but it takes time to swap out tens of thousands of radios. Some people at hanging on to their old radios not wanting to turn them in... I saw these posters the other day at work... thought they were pretty funny.

uploadfromtaptalk1350690896840.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1350690945649.jpg

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
Someone in the Service Center has the funnies in them

I like...- "Radios are ILLEGAL"
Is this the same reason I cant own an XTS5000 with an encryption chip? cause its illegal?

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Someone in the Service Center has the funnies in them

I like...- "Radios are ILLEGAL"
Is this the same reason I cant own an XTS5000 with an encryption chip? cause its illegal?

Using them for our work would be, so for our purposes, yeah... illegal.

HT-220 and MT-500! Who's still using those on a day to day basis?

You would be surprised...

n3obl

Ø
Database Admin
You can stll get batteries for them and the railroad sometimes the workers only need 2-3 channels. Probably some of the old timers like em cause they are easy to use.

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
look at the "illegal" radios, smile , they are 40 yrs old and on a list still trying to get them back! I've got an HT200 about a year ago, not 220s but the 200s , it was just retired because the park was getting rid of it for a new narrowband handie talkie! theres companies still using HT200 and HT220, MT500 right now- they're that tough built with real metal.
narrowbanding is gonna force all these relics into retirement and I hope to get ahold of a few gems

SCPD

QRT
GP300's

Seen the GP300 in the picture.

Check your model numbers before you think yours are unusable.
GP300's were manufactured either wide or narrow, not able to change with programming.
Nine of out ten where I work have been narrow.

There was a Moto document floating around on RR that gave the model numbers to tell the difference.
But I don't have it on this computer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.