• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Question? About P25 TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
If my city only has three frequencies for the statewide digital trunking system... if there are three different agencies transmitting... if a fourth user tries to TX will they get an error beep? Thanks.

nd5y

If my city only has three frequencies for the statewide digital trunking system... if there are three different agencies transmitting... if a fourth user tries to TX will they get an error beep? Thanks.

Correct except if the site has three frequencies then one is the control channel and two are voice channels so only two talkgroups can be active at the same time.

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber

Can you specify which system/city?

I'm confused as to why they would have 3 frequencies for the "statewide" system. You sure that's not 3 talkgroups?
Or, are they partitioned off from the rest of the statewide system? Or is there only 1 site that serves your city? Are you sure those are 3 total channels, or just 3 possible control channels?
If it's P25 phase 2 it would double the number of talkpaths on the voice channels.

SCPD

QRT
Can you specify which system/city?

I'm confused as to why they would have 3 frequencies for the "statewide" system. You sure that's not 3 talkgroups?
Or, are they partitioned off from the rest of the statewide system? Or is there only 1 site that serves your city? Are you sure those are 3 total channels, or just 3 possible control channels?
If it's P25 phase 2 it would double the number of talkpaths on the voice channels.

Sorry, I meant site.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
With MPSCS, the last user gets a "bonk" tone, as does anyone else in the state that is on a talkgroup that is their primary selection on that tower.

I would guess that all, or most, SmartZone systems are like that.

gesucks

With MPSCS, the last user gets a "bonk" tone, as does anyone else in the state that is on a talkgroup that is their primary selection on that tower.

I would guess that all, or most, SmartZone systems are like that.

It depends if the talkgroup is set for allstart or fast start

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Fast start and all start only matter when the busy is at another site participating in the talk group call. If the originating site is busy, the configuration of the talk group with respect to those parameters doesn't matter, it just goes into the busy queue.

SCPD

QRT
Here's a twist. If the system is P2, the two voice frequencies support four talk paths so the fourth party key-up would not get a busy tone.

Status
Not open for further replies.