• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

apco 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

holly

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
i have just got one of these radios a few months ago,and i,m trying to put the vhf frequence in the bank which would be bank 8
1 how do you put it in like the manual say
2 like just this one for instance156.375
3 or is this a uhf frequence i,m puting in as vhf
could some one help me in this matter thanks alot

rdale

Premium Subscriber
APCO25 is not the name of a radio, it's a modulation / trunking scheme. What is the name of your radio?

holly

Banned
hi

bc250 d uniden scanner trunk tracker

holly

Banned
hi ya

located in the big easy (new orleans)unfortunallyi,m ready to move.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
New Orleans is a blast during Mardi Gras and the scanner traffic is non-stop. Thankfully, not much of Louisiana is not using APCO-25 or worse OpenSky digital systems, making monitoring rather easy.

I hope your next city is fun to monitor also.

73's

Ron

holly

Banned
hi

well, jefferson and a couple of other citys are digital thats the reason i got it but the city of new orleans is edac right now and ya right a lot of stuff going on every night,and new orleans is suppose to go to provoice when i do not know but ,the thing is i enjoy haveing this scanner and my other one because i put them on different channels to listen,but if your a tourist beware ,and the river i listen to because my farther works the river and i like to listen to him when hes on his shift thats why i asked how to put vhf,uhf in the radio

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Very interesting! I had completely forgotten about New Orleans plans to upgrade to ProVoice. I am sure that when this takes place, many scanner listeners will very sad. However, I am hoping that in the future Uniden will release a new scanner that will include M/A-COM's OpenSky and ProVoice formats.

73's

Ron

holly

Banned
yep

i hear ya

when they do go to pro voice lets just say i,ll be ready where others will not be able to hear hheeee

jsbelljr83

I am getting ready to buy a Uniden BC 250D and the one area I want to scan has gone to the APCO 25 system, which I guess is 3600 baud. Will I have to but the digitial card too? :?

rdale

Premium Subscriber
If you want to hear it then yes. But before buying I'd make sure it's a 3600 baud system or it'll be a waste of $

joescat

jsbelljr83 said:
I am getting ready to buy a Uniden BC 250D and the one area I want to scan has gone to the APCO 25 system, which I guess is 3600 baud. Will I have to but the digitial card too? :?

Don't. I was in the same boat, and before I ordered, the BC296D came out, for less cost and more capability! It does 9600 baud digital (APCO 25), and comes with the digital card (extra on the 250D).

jsbelljr83

Oooop's. too late, I got the scanner and the card is on the way. :shock: Oh well, I am going to hold on to it, I bought an Icom IC-R2 and loved it, but can no longer use it where I work.

studgeman

Premium Subscriber
montgomery county is a 9600 Motorola type II system with P25 capabilities. It is compatiable with the other trunked systems in the area, ie Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax Co. etc

Status
Not open for further replies.