• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

UAW radios

Status
Not open for further replies.

revkilljoy

Does anyone know anything about these? Do they have an FCC ID? The sales Rep I spoke with said they Kendoods. Is that true?

cabletech

Ok I will be the first to bite, WHAT is a UAW radio? Where did you find it? Who are you talking too?

More information is much better.

revkilljoy

UAW

They are sold by Uniform and Accessories Warehouse (uaw). They are obviously made by another mfg but the sales team is less than helpful or familiar with their own re-labled product. I can't find anything on them on the Internet.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
All I can find is chargers and accessories.. And the fact they are compatible with Kenwood programming cables and speaker microphones.

As for the actual radio, I can find nothing..

ramal121

Lots and lots of watts
Premium Subscriber
I thought he was talking about radios for the United Auto Workers. Not being a union man I cannot comment.

Many chin-neez radios are compatible with the accessories from major manufacturers. No telling who made them and then who re-branded them to sell. You'll have to find a direct link to where these come from...

rapidcharger

They're not kenwoods.
Kenwood doesn't white label their products.
There are however a lot of chinese radios that are knockoffs of kenwoods and that is what you are probably looking at.

Ask the sales rep what the FCC id number is.

revkilljoy

UAWs

I made contact with a real Kenwood rep. He said they're actually knock-offs of knock-offs. Most of the imposters actually say ''Kenwood''. Makes you wonder if this vendor is that dishonest or that dumb....

rapidcharger

I made contact with a real Kenwood rep. He said they're actually knock-offs of knock-offs. Most of the imposters actually say ''Kenwood''. Makes you wonder if this vendor is that dishonest or that dumb....

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, they probably logged on to Alibaba looking for radio handsets the manufacturer would white label that could be bought for cheap so they can maximize profit and lo and behold, they found these.

skilletlicker

Have this dual band as well and the owners manual is really lacking, has any one found out what the fcc id is?

Status
Not open for further replies.