• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Thales Liberty programming problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Our fire department's GSAR (Georgia Search and Rescue) Team has acquired several Thales Liberty radio's for use during deployments. I was approached, and handed the task, to program the radio's and I've had absolutely no luck with getting the software to read the radio. I'm using a Panasonic Toughbook CF-30 running Windows 7 and have loaded the programming software, and USB drivers, verbatim per instructions. The software is Thales Liberty PC Programmer PN 1700970-1 Rel 6.2 Rev G dated February 2013.

When attempting to "Upload configuration data from Liberty radio" I get a "Sorry-Liberty PcProgrammer was unable to detect a Radio on the USB port". I've also tried installing the software on a Windows XP machine but the software is "too new" for XP installation. I have extensive experience using Motorola RSS/CPS and Kenwood commercial software but I'm having a most difficult time getting the this software to do anything with the radio. BTW, unlike Motorola and Kenwood the Thales software has no provision for selecting a comm port.

Does anyone have any advice, recommendations, etc.? I'm also awaiting an email response from Thales for assistance as well but if I can get the problem fixed before I hear from them all the better.

RodStrong

I have a CF-29 with XP and have no issues with the liberty software. Just FYI

Wish I could help you more. Good luck.

kb2qou

Maybe a bad cable and/or USB port? I've programmed on a HP ProBook in both Win7 and in the XP emulator with ease. Also check to see what you have running in the background - maybe your anti-virus or firewall software doesn't like the way the Thales communicates to attached devices like a radio.

When you first plugged in a radio to the laptop, did windows discover it & try loading drivers for it?

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Do you have a built in cellular modem? I forget which type was installed on my CF-53 but it interfered with some of my radio programming software.
Had to disable all the drivers for it before the software would work.

SCPD

QRT
Ok, I uninstalled the version 6.2 form my Toughbook and I borrowed a copy of version 6.0, dated March 2012, and installed it and it works like a charm! Go figure... I'm still curious as to why the newer version wouldn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.