RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2014, 3:54 AM

Default tetra DMO GPS DATA transfer (EADS)

Hello,

Im newbie for tetra setups and need some help (any useful information is welcome!). My example is used by EADS (Cassidian) radios (thr 880i and thr9).

Is it possible use DMO talkgroups to transfer data from handheld to handheld or handheld to mobileradio?

Data would be each radio GPS location data.

So situation could be this:

1 radio connected to pc via datacable. All other radios would send GPS locations to PC via connected radio and PC show them on map or spesific software. Kind of a location supervising.

Or should all this location service have TMO in use?

Anybody have this kind of setup? As I mean, every information of tetra or eads systems are welcome I have those radios, but finding if I can wide my setup at low cost ofcourse.
Sponsored links
Old 10-02-2014, 3:38 PM

Don't have much experience with this terminals, but sending GPS SDS via DMO works with Motorola and Sepura terminals, so I think it should work with the EADS ones, too.
The downside is, that it could be a problem, doing DMO voice calls and sending GPS SDS at the same time, this causes collisions on the physical channel. If you want to use both at the same time, TMO would be the better choice.
Old 10-04-2014, 4:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiirikka View Post
Hello,

Im newbie for tetra setups and need some help (any useful information is welcome!). My example is used by EADS (Cassidian) radios (thr 880i and thr9).

Is it possible use DMO talkgroups to transfer data from handheld to handheld or handheld to mobileradio?

Data would be each radio GPS location data.

So situation could be this:

1 radio connected to pc via datacable. All other radios would send GPS locations to PC via connected radio and PC show them on map or spesific software. Kind of a location supervising.
Transfer of location (GPS) data is not supported, only status messages can be send in DMO.

Quote:
Or should all this location service have TMO in use?
Yes.

Quote:
Anybody have this kind of setup? As I mean, every information of tetra or eads systems are welcome I have those radios, but finding if I can wide my setup at low cost ofcourse.
Feel free to ask some specific questions, I know a bit about the EADS system.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raccon View Post
Feel free to ask some specific questions, I know a bit about the EADS system.
Your experience with DMO range? I tried to find some data about EADS terminals transmitpower (is it 1W with handportables), but there is no google answer for that. Are they same as analogue UHF system or...?

And is there any (CHEAP) smart software to pc to send shortmessages to dmo channel? Like having pc connected to DMO terminal.

Anyone have tried for example tmr880 as a repeater?

Last edited by tiirikka; 10-05-2014 at 12:00 PM..
Old 10-06-2014, 2:47 AM

Quote:
Your experience with DMO range? I tried to find some data about EADS terminals transmitpower (is it 1W with handportables), but there is no google answer for that. Are they same as analogue UHF system or...?
From 20 meters (inside prison cell) to 2,5 km (using Sepura SRG3500 with antenna 4 meters from ground as a repeater) with thr880
Old 10-07-2014, 7:29 AM

Quote:
Haven't worked with UHF systems so I can't directly compare but it depends on many factors that it can range from a few meters (inside a building with steel re-enforced walls) to a couple of kilometers (open area with line of sight).

Quote:
And is there any (CHEAP) smart software to pc to send shortmessages to dmo channel? Like having pc connected to DMO terminal.
I dunno any free or cheap smart software that can do that but you can use any (free) terminal program, like Windows Hyperterminal for example if know the AT-command set to control the radio and instruct it to send and/or receive messages. If you want a fancy graphical user-interface you probably have to program it yourself.

Quote:
Anyone have tried for example tmr880 as a repeater?
The TMR880 cannot work as DMO repeater, it only supports DMO repeater and gateway (as in: it can work with those but doesn't provide those functions).

Tags
data, dmo, eads, gps, tetra