• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

vehicle repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

whirley1

vhf vrs for portables

I just bought a few radios, sirens and vrs and I have several ht600's. when I put these systems together, will the ht600s work with the vrs, or do I need to upgrade the ht's?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I just bought a few radios, sirens and vrs and I have several ht600's. when I put these systems together, will the ht600s work with the vrs, or do I need to upgrade the ht's?

What radio service is this going to be used on? What country are you in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whirley1

the radios, sirens and vrs's are already programed from the previous owners so I know they work together so I just need to know is about the ht600's and working on simplex. Thanks

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
the radios, sirens and vrs's are already programed from the previous owners so I know they work together so I just need to know is about the ht600's and working on simplex. Thanks

Again, what service is this equipment going to be used in?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
vhf vrs for portables

any chance of getting a copy of the manual for my repeater?

If it's going to be used on any service other than ham band, you will need new portables, the HT-600 is not narrow band compliant. If it's part 90 service, you MUST be using 2.5KHz deviation ONLY. 5KHz is no longer allowed on VHF and UHF, unless you operate on T-Band(470-520MHz)

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
i have syntor x9000's high band 150-174 and my ht600's are the same. won't these work together? Thanks again

They can be made to work together, BUT it will require some engineering and LOTS of frequency separation and filtering to make it work.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
so your telling me, I need new uhf portables, right. Thanks and sorry for being slow to understand

No but it needs some one with experience in filter design to help you to be able to use a VHF mobile with a VHF extender.

i'm told simplex does not require a license. I'm I correct?

100% wrong. Outside of MURS EVERY frequency on the VHF band requires a license

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
vhf vrs for portables

i have syntor x9000's high band 150-174 and my ht600's are the same. won't these work together? Thanks again

The Syntor is not narrow band compliant, and there for is not allowed to be used on part 90 frequencies any more.

With proper antenna separation, and filtering they can be made to work together, BUT none of your gear can be used on VHF except for in the ham band, ALL part-90 requires Narrow band compliant gear, of which your equipment is not. I also now question if the VRS is narrow band compliant as well.

whirley1

just curious, if narrowband radios and only allowed on the air, why are there so many old radios being sold and used all over the country? why aren't the old radios forbidden to be sold here in the states

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
just curious, if narrowband radios and only allowed on the air, why are there so many old radios being sold and used all over the country? why aren't the old radios forbidden to be sold here in the states

Some "old" radios are narrowband compliant.

or

They may be being used in the Amateur Radio Service

or

The buyers may not care about breaking the law

Take your choice, but your blanket question can't easily be answered.

Status
Not open for further replies.