RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Question Midland 70-380b programming

Is there anyone who still can/will reprogram an old VHF Midland 70-380b radio? Or better yet, what do I need to program it myself? I know it doesn't do narrow band, but it is great for using to just monitor. I'd like to change some settings and change some frequencies. I looked for a Midland thread in the forum and did a search with no luck.

Thanks for any info.
John
Sponsored links
Old 01-18-2015, 2:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

John -

Sent you a PM, the Midland you have can be programmed using a Midland 70-1000 series eprom programmer after you have erased the eprom in the Z-273 memory module with a UV eprom eraser.

For the ones who are not faint of heart you can unsolder the eprom from the Z-273, erase it and program it directly using most any aftermarket eprom programmer then put it back in the memory module. There is a lot of useful info also available on the Midland Yahoo group.
Old 06-11-2018, 7:36 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Ok, I'm resurrecting this old post I put up a while ago. I'm looking once again to see if anyone can program this old radio? I want to program it to use to receive marine radio. I'm in NJ. Thanks