RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-24-2016, 8:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd119 View Post
You'll probably still have an analog page channel, there are no digital two tone paging yet.
There are now. Unication G4 and G5. The G4 is a 700/800mhz and will do conventional, Conventional P25, Moto Trunking P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 around the end of the year.

The G5 is multiband. Comes in VHF/700/800 and UHF/700/800. I got one to play around with and so far im liking it. Im no longer a FF but i still like to monitor.
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2016, 9:07 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by wkredick View Post
I have been carrying the Swissphone s.Quad now for 5 weeks. It has alerted every time and I get 4 days per charge even on scan of 3 channels. My model has the 8 channels on 150-160mhz. The stored voice is reliable and clean. I programmed mine to busier agencies in our area to really put it through its paces and is has alerted every time. Group call tones are put on the long tone fields. Customized display text and the end flashing light when on vibrate is a nice feature. It has bells and whistles but not as many as the Unication G1,and easier to program. It also takes custom audi wav. files for alert but I am past that stage now .
At $395 ( pager,charger,battery) the price point is comparable to MInitor 1 channel pagers. The belt clip is designed to break away so the housing does not get damaged. The 8 channel option was $50 extra. I also have a multi channel VHF RE729 VOX model that I use for other county alerts. 2 years and not a single complaint on the RE729. 5 days on charge!
But you sell them, right? So your opinion is a little biased? That should probably be disclosed.
Old 06-24-2016, 9:32 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I personally like my minitor v (even my ii for that matter) but it's probably because I started with a moto. I've had and know a bunch of people with watchdogs and watchdog lt's. For the money they are really nice and are super loud. The unications are nice as well and have a few more bells and whistles. Never cared much for my swissphone as it was kinda small and hard to work with gloves on. Surprisingly I never had any problems with my Apollo, but I know many others have. Apples and oranges really. Ask ten people and you'll get twelve opinions.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:17 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmSixNine View Post
There are now. Unication G4 and G5. The G4 is a 700/800mhz and will do conventional, Conventional P25, Moto Trunking P25 Phase 1 and Phase 2 around the end of the year.

The G5 is multiband. Comes in VHF/700/800 and UHF/700/800. I got one to play around with and so far im liking it. Im no longer a FF but i still like to monitor.
Yes, my comment was 1.5 years ago. It was valid at the time.
Old 06-24-2016, 1:05 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfd119 View Post
Yes, my comment was 1.5 years ago. It was valid at the time.
HA HA..oops.. didnt check the date of your post. my apologies.
Sponsored links
Old 06-24-2016, 8:08 PM

Exclamation Pager preference

Currently we have minitor 5. I have demoed the G1, Minitor 6 all as possible options for our department and as a personal dual frequency for myself as I am on county EMA that is paged on another frequency.

I recommend the minitor 6 over any of them. I know people have said that that the 6's range is not as good but I have not found that true. It has went off in all of locations that the 5 does and 1 specifically is 20 miles away from our repeater. I like the size of the 6 very well as well in addition to their belt clip setup.

The g1 I like the features and the price on as it is about $100 less than the 6. Although the size of the G1 is not ideal to carry on belt and definitely not ideal for females to carry on pockets. The buttons on the G1 are very easily hit especially if you work in an active environment (farming, construction). Also deleting calls out of the G1 is a complete pain where on the minitor 6 it is extremely easy and can be done with pager still on belt.
Old 07-11-2017, 6:51 PM

Motorola Minitor II !! Hands down. Simple as can be and mine is still firing on all cylinders !