• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

RITRON Programming Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

I have a bunch of RITRON DTX-450 modules I need to program for a GMRS repeater project. It is a one time deal so I intend to cobble up the 3.5 mm programming plug and wire to a Motorola RIB box. The problem is that the documentation is unavailable to determine which of the tip, ring or sleeve are for TX and RX data. I am assuming the sleeve is data ground. The only schematics I can find are for a cable that terminates in an RJ plug for use with RITRON's proprietary RIB, and the data labels are missing. I am using a Motorola RIB, so any help would be appreciated.

I assume the same cable is used for Jobcomm and Patriot radios.

Thanks

RFI-EMI-GUY

Do you suppose either of these options will work:

I have a programming cable, USB to one wire for my Icom W32a.

I have an Icom RS232 to CIV adaptor which is also one wire.

But,,,

I have the following software:

DTX-450 RPT-PCPS-3.0.20

But just realized it is installed in my DOS only machine, so the USB, won't work. Was there a Windows version of this old Ritron software?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

byndhlptom

Ritrom Programming

1) USB cable probably won't work, the signal levels at the Ritron port eare probably different

2) Talk to Ritron about WInXP/VISTA/7/10 software, unfortunately, it's single sourced

3) The Ritron SW comes as a kit with all cable needed (factory). They may be willing to sell just cable set, again, contact them

4) We have used Ritron SW on pc's up to Win98 with no problems, not sure about WINXP and later

good luck

$.02

Logic levels have to match. A cable designed for a radio running 5v internally will probably not work with a radio with 3.3v internal.....

RFI-EMI-GUY

The Icom stuff uses 5 V TTL so that end should be OK. I will try running the Ritron SW I have in WinXp compatability mode. Hopefully it will see the Icom cable USB as a proper COM port.

I have so much legacy radio stuff that I need to keep too much legacy PC.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

byndhlptom

Ritron Programming

Per the manual I referenced, the Ritron uses 9.5v internally, Your ICOM cable may not work. Also, so cables invert the logic, some do not.

I will almost guarantee that the Ritron SW, if true DOS, will not see the USB port......

good luck

$.02

cmdrwill

The Data from the programming lead is on the ring part of the plug, speaker is on the tip, GND on the sleeve. Just like other Ritron pgm cables. Five volt logic.

RFI-EMI-GUY

The Data from the programming lead is on the ring part of the plug, speaker is on the tip, GND on the sleeve. Just like other Ritron pgm cables. Five volt logic.

Thanks; I see that it meets IC101 at pin 52 Serial Data out from a line labeled TX/Busy. That is the part that confuses me because the TX implies that the data RX is somewhere else.I see Pin 50 Serial Data In appears to be connected to pin 52 so I guess it is a one lane road. IC101 appears to be operating at 5V TTL levels.

I have a USB-29A Cable from RT Systems that is for my Icom W32A. It has a fancy driver that replicates a COM port. The RITRON software works in WINxp as far as I can tell. The F1-F10 keys don't work, but a mouse click activates them.

So my next effort is to wire things up and see if I can get these modules to read and write.

Has anyone a clue the baud rate of this program?

Thanks Guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.