• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Has anybody tried Simoco Xd 700 series

Status
Not open for further replies.

ASAD

I was looking at the specs for the new SDP760 and SDM730 DMR radios. Some interesting features are listed there. The following questions pop up in my mind. I'd appreciate answers.

a) Is full duplex possible in conventional?
b) Are these Tier III compliant out of the box or do we need auth keys?
c) Do these have basic privacy or AES enc only?

dmrSG

I was looking at the specs for the new SDP760 and SDM730 DMR radios. Some interesting features are listed there. The following questions pop up in my mind. I'd appreciate answers.

a) Is full duplex possible in conventional?
b) Are these Tier III compliant out of the box or do we need auth keys?
c) Do these have basic privacy or AES enc only?

Excera is OEM of Simoco for their 700 series radios. I can give you answers based on Excera EP8100 which is also the SDP760:

a) Full-duplex is possible in Direct Mode Operation (DMO) and Tier III but not in repeater mode (Tier II). You need to specify this feature before ordering as this is not a software upgrade (based on my experience with Excera)

b) Tier III is software upgrade and need license keys.

c) DMRA ARC4 and DES/AES Encryption is available by software upgrade.

Out of the box features:
-Priority Interrupt (not compatible with motorola)
-Pseudotrunking
-Vibration
-Roaming
-Loneworker

Interesting is that it has SD card slot inside but no feature available at this moment.

Delopwer

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I have not tried it yet but I think it has basic privacy.

zues2054

Excera is OEM of Simoco for their 700 series radios. I can give you answers based on Excera EP8100 which is also the SDP760:

a) Full-duplex is possible in Direct Mode Operation (DMO) and Tier III but not in repeater mode (Tier II). You need to specify this feature before ordering as this is not a software upgrade (based on my experience with Excera)

b) Tier III is software upgrade and need license keys.

c) DMRA ARC4 and DES/AES Encryption is available by software upgrade.

Out of the box features:
-Priority Interrupt (not compatible with motorola)
-Pseudotrunking
-Vibration
-Roaming
-Loneworker

Interesting is that it has SD card slot inside but no feature available at this moment.
What is your overall feel for the Excera product?
Do you have any experience putting a Motorola XPR550e Cap Max on a Simoco Tier III System?

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Full duplex is available conventionally through Simoco (or at least the 600 series are all capable of it). Simoco's big issue right now is they don't have the support structure in place to support their North American sales (Simoco Americas literally consists of 3 people). Personally, Excera will have a lower price point and be better able to support American customers.

dmrSG

What is your overall feel for the Excera product?

Overall 'feel' is good. Good built quality in my opinion. By the way, you can see 'internal photos' of the radio in FCC.io website for your reference. CPS and Firmware are both generally OK but still have a lot of room for improvement. There are few minor bugs and they release firmware update regularly.

Do you have any experience putting a Motorola XPR550e Cap Max on a Simoco Tier III System?

Sorry, I have no experience with Cap Max or any Tier 3 system

dmrSG

Personally, Excera will have a lower price point and be better able to support American customers.

I don't know about Excera and Simoco's arrangement in other parts of the world but in our region, Excera will not sell in areas where Simoco is already present.

Status
Not open for further replies.