• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Motorola/Vertex

Status
Not open for further replies.

clbsquared

I'm not surprised. I had heard rumors of this earlier in the year. I'm wondering if MSI is trying to regain some lower tier market share or if they will adjust the price to fall in line with current TRBO series radios.

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk

PACNWDude

They have been going down this path for a while. Many of the Vertex radios are just cheaper and less optioned version of their Motorola badged counterparts. This has worked well for many corporations that have needed well made radios that do not carry the price tag of the Mother "M."

I am amazed it took them this long to embrace the situation though. Still run a stack of Vertex radios in my car, and many often mistake them for Motorola's.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
If the software gets to unobtanium like Motorola CPS in Canada I will be pushing my manager to start buying Kenwood...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MaxK98

If the software gets to unobtanium like Motorola CPS in Canada I will be pushing my manager to start buying Kenwood...
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vertex standard softwares are available free of charge via the business online website, even for Canadians. You have to register and then once approved, you will be able to download the softwares. You will have a hard time obtaining the Kenwood programming softwares just like Motorola, TBH.

lmrtek

Yaesu( Vertex) Has always made cheap radios that offer more bang for the buck than the competition but their reliability was never as good as Kenwood and their dealer support was horrible.

So in 2011 Motorola decided they could no longer compete with ICOM and Kenwood so they bought their competition in hopes of taking sakes from ICOM and Kenwood.

I was working for Motorola at the time thus the name Motex

Motorola was being destroyed in the analog market so they had to come up with a propaganda campaign to convince their customers to pay many times what they paid for their analog radios for THEIR digital systems.

The result was that Motorola sales reps were put in the back pockets of every county commissioner and 911 director in the country.

And it worked

Status
Not open for further replies.