RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-22-2018, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronic View Post
I am sure Yaesu is not happy about this .
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CE-FCC-800-....c100507.m3226
I'm sure they are not. One of the issues with production in China. No rules.

Quote:
Like was said earlier , i think it is more about the big 3 loseing sales .
I do think that's part of it.

No matter what their reasoning, the cheap Chinese radios are an issue. Getting the FCC to crack down on these companies would be welcome. FCC needs to enforce it's own rules.
Sponsored links
Old 03-22-2018, 10:59 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmckenna View Post
No matter what their reasoning, the cheap Chinese radios are an issue. Getting the FCC to crack down on these companies would be welcome. FCC needs to enforce it's own rules.
Probably too late. Anyway, they don't have the money to do any real enforcement. They'd have to put together a posse. I'd volunteer,
Old 03-22-2018, 11:10 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
I am sure Yaesu is not happy about this . Like was said earlier , i think it is more about the big 3 loseing sales .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CE-FCC-800-....c100507.m3226
Look up the FCC certification for the radio if there is one. You will be lucky to find it is for Part 15 or some bogus "Part 9". The Chinese are exploiting the fact that the FCC is doing a poor job of reviewing these certifications and US customs is doing a poor job at the port. At best the radio will be listed as a "scanning reciever". It is a ham radio, a poor one at that.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
Old 06-11-2018, 12:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Following up on the original post.

The Land Mobile Communications Council (LMCC) asked FCC Commissioner Michael O’Rielly to help eliminate the sale of noncompliant radio devices distributed by eBay and Amazon.com.
https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/Ne...s/NewsID/16976
Old 06-11-2018, 2:09 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd5y View Post
Following up on the original post.

The Land Mobile Communications Council (LMCC) asked FCC Commissioner Michael O’Rielly to help eliminate the sale of noncompliant radio devices distributed by eBay and Amazon.com.
https://www.rrmediagroup.com/News/Ne...s/NewsID/16976
While it will have the desired effect to stem the sales of CCR's, 90% of the radio equipment sold on e-bay is nonconforming in some other way and e-bay lacks the knowledge or incentive to weed out good from bad. For example all of the surplus equipment destined for ham radio use. Will e-bay ban a signal generator or RF power amplifier being sold for laboratory use? What about surplus WWII military radios? The correct way to do this would be to require entry of an FCC type certification number on the equipment description and to set a flag if sales are otherwise for Part 15 or Ham radio use.

Amazon is a worse problem. They are actually facilitating the marketing of this stuff through their automated website.

The FCC and US Customs need to be more vigilante on cracking down on the importers. It would not be hard to simply go after the current companies selling this junk and shut them down with a huge fine.

Last edited by RFI-EMI-GUY; 06-11-2018 at 2:13 PM..
Sponsored links
Old 06-11-2018, 3:08 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RFI-EMI-GUY View Post
While it will have the desired effect to stem the sales of CCR's, 90% of the radio equipment sold on e-bay is nonconforming in some other way and e-bay lacks the knowledge or incentive to weed out good from bad. For example all of the surplus equipment destined for ham radio use. Will e-bay ban a signal generator or RF power amplifier being sold for laboratory use? What about surplus WWII military radios? The correct way to do this would be to require entry of an FCC type certification number on the equipment description and to set a flag if sales are otherwise for Part 15 or Ham radio use.

Amazon is a worse problem. They are actually facilitating the marketing of this stuff through their automated website.

The FCC and US Customs need to be more vigilante on cracking down on the importers. It would not be hard to simply go after the current companies selling this junk and shut them down with a huge fine.
Virtually everything you say is true. Let's start with the POS CCRs, which will be an uphill battle by itself, and then move on to the other stuff.
Old 08-02-2018, 1:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayn1n32008 View Post
Anything with the following names:
Puxing
Baofeng
Pofung
Wouxon
Friedcom
Anytone
Tytera
Bearcom or any other radio that has a name that looks like it comes directly from mainland China.

And any other radio that is not:
Motorola
Harris
Tait
Kenwood
Hytera
Vertex
Icom
Yaesu
CSI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess you dont know that Bearcom brands are typically relabeled Vertex or Icom products (they are factory relabeled and not done by Bearcom) due to the amount of volume Bearcom moves (which is based in Garland, TX if you were unaware).

Old 08-02-2018, 2:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCore25 View Post
I guess you dont know that Bearcom brands are typically relabeled Vertex or Icom products (they are factory relabeled and not done by Bearcom) due to the amount of volume Bearcom moves (which is based in Garland, TX if you were unaware).

Yea... error on my part.

Old 08-02-2018, 6:09 PM
Lead Wiki Manager
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

The original purpose of this thread was to discuss the letter that LMCC sent to the FCC about the CCR problem. The thread was revived today to talk about the FCC action taken against one U.S. retailer of CCRs. That discussion continues here.

I'm going to close this thread for the time being. If you have additional information about the LMCC letter or actions the FCC has taken in direct response to the LMCC letter, please let me know so I can re-open the thread.

"The whole world's living in a digital dream. It's not really there, it's all on the screen." -- WB6ACU
Closed Thread