RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2018, 12:42 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default B-K DPH-CMD programming question

Somehow Iíve gotten this radio into a mode where the SCN annunciator always flashes, regardless of the position of the SCAN and PRI switches (both of which are programed to Scan and access Priority channel 1, respectively).

Even when I take every channel out of a groupís scan list AND the ďGroup ScanĒ checkbox is not checked, the SCN annunciator still flashes.

I programed this radio from the software. Iím presuming Iíve mangled some setting.

Iíve got mostly NFM channels in the radio, mixed with a few (<20) P25 channels.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? If not, in a few days, Iíll probably wipe the radio, and then refill it, uploading one GRP at a time until I re-encounter the problem.

(Or I could re-program it by handÖ How long could it take to load 500 channels? Ha Ha Ha)

Thanks for any help.

Arthur
Sponsored links
Old 03-29-2018, 12:50 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

HI, guys. It turned out I had Group Scan enabled via the keyboard FCN. So even though there were no frequencies in any group scan-enabled (and no GRP in GRP scan), the radio kept scanning a null list. Ain't technology wonderful?

Thanks to all those who helped.

Arthur

Tags
bendix-king, bk radio, dph-cmd, programing problems