RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-04-2018, 6:15 PM

Default DPHEdit : Unable to Hook Radio

Hi,

I am trying to program a DPHX Radio in DPHEdit and when I go to rear the radio, i get the "Unable to Hook Radio" Message, I am using a KAA0701 Programming Cable with Keyspan Serial to USB Adapter. I've checked the Port Settings and Have tried to change the compatability Settings also with no help. I am running Windows 10. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Sponsored links
Old 06-16-2018, 10:35 AM

A lot of the BK radios don't enjoy Windows 10. See if you can program on a Windows 7 computer.
Old 06-20-2018, 6:15 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I don't have issues with DMH, DPH, and DPH_CMD editors, all on Win10x64 Pro with the Keyspan USA-19HS serial USB adapter. Make sure you have latest keyspan drivers. Then launch the Keyspan Assistant and make sure your com ports are assigned appropriately, aren't Busy etc.

One thing with laptops is energy saver can get aggressive on the USB ports. In Device Manager, make it so when on battery or plugged in, the USB plugs and/or comm ports are never powered down or go to sleep.

Other troubleshooting could be creating a different user on the computer (either standard or Admin) and seeing if the problem still exists.