RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Commercial, Professional Radio and Personal Radio > Industry Discussion

Industry Discussion - General discussion forum for commercial and professional radio technologies. This includes manufacturers not listed below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-12-2018, 7:42 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Test Equipment Leasing?

Does anyone have any experience with leasing test equipment? Our shop is in need of a new service monitor and we're considering leasing one. I just started trying to get quotes, but I was wondering if anyone had a good relationship with a leasing company or any advice on the topic.
Sponsored links
Old 06-12-2018, 9:01 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I haven't leased any Motorola equipment. But I did find a place that may be some help to you and the company you work for.

https://www.daywireless.com/company/...nt-leasing.htm
Old 06-12-2018, 9:04 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Your accountant can tell you if leasing is advantageous to you. When I worked for Motorola C&E, they had a program to lease their service monitors. I never dealt with it, all of my sales were outright sales. I would guess that other 2way radio suppliers would either have a lease available or a relationship with an equipment supplier to lease test equipment.
Old 06-12-2018, 1:07 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Leasing is good for small companies or individuals without assets to back up a bank loan. With leasing, the leasing company retains ownership of the equipment to the very end of the lease and usually offers a simple & cheap buyout. This allows the leasing company to repossess the equipment for non-payment, without going to court first. Bank loans are to you, and the bank usually only has a security interest in the equipment, through a "UCC-1 filing".

Local banks sometimes offer leases or other financing of office & shop equipment at reasonable terms. The test equipment vendor usually can arrange lease financing, as they often times provide "recourse" to the lender.

My first lease was in 1976 for a Wang computer system that cost more than my home. It was through Bank of America.

Always read the terms and do not go with a bad deal. Make sure you can pay off the lease/financing with insurance proceeds should your equipment be destroyed by a fire, or by theft, without paying the interest for the full finance term.