• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

"BUSINESS RADIO LICENSING" Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

RFI-EMI-GUY

Today I received a letter from BUSINESS RADIO LICENSING regarding my GMRS license renewal.

Just a heads up, while I know this is a free market society, there is no reason I should want to pay these folks $100 on top of the FCC $65 GMRS renewal fee.

I renewed my license months ago myself on ULS, it took less time than it would for me to dig out my CC and write in a approval for $165 to these folks, lick the stamp and mail it. Also, they mail back a form 605 for you to sign and send back, so absolutely no time savings.

There is another firm that sends letter under the name of Federal Licensing, or some similar "official looking: moniker using scare tactics.

At least these folks at BRL are up front as to the options and it serves as a reminder. However, they sent it well after the expiration date, maybe to cause panic.

No doubt a bunch of businesses are getting these letters and are confused and are handing over a premium for a renewal.

So if you get that call today from a customer or friend asking about their FCC license renewal, you will know why it is on their minds.

Last edited:

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Today I received a letter from BUSINESS RADIO LICENSING regarding my GMRS license renewal.

Just a heads up, while I know this is a free market society, there is no reason I should want to pay these folks $100 on top of the FCC $65 GMRS renewal fee.

I renewed my license months ago myself on ULS, it took less time than it would for me to dig out my CC and write in a approval for $165 to these folks, lick the stamp and mail it. Also, they mail back a form 605 for you to sign and send back, so absolutely no time savings.

There is another firm that sends letter under the name of Federal Licensing, or some similar "official looking: moniker using scare tactics.

At least these folks at BRL are up front as to the options and it serves as a reminder. However, they sent it well after the expiration date, maybe to cause panic.

No doubt a bunch of businesses are getting these letters and are confused and are handing over a premium for a renewal.

So if you get that call today from a customer or friend asking about their FCC license renewal, you will know why it is on their minds.

Interesting...I let mine lapse two months ago and haven't heard anything.

cmdrwill

BUSINESS RADIO LICENSING IS a real problem. Way to many screw ups that they hand there hands in.

"NOT a REAL Agent"

n1das

I used to get those letters back in the 90s during my early years as a GMRS licensee. I let them handle a renewal for me once only because it was before the ULS was in place and you had to fill out the old paper Form 574. The form had to be typed with a typewriter. It absolutely could not be handwritten except for my signature at the bottom. I was too lazy to deal with filing the paper form so I paid them to take care of it. Mine was a simple renewal with no changes and they didn't screw it up. Since then I've done all renewals myself through the ULS.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

RodStrong

There's a few companies whose sole existence is to prey on unsuspecting license holders and try to squeeze money out of them. They poach your info off the public database and send official looking documents intended to spook you into getting out your checkbook for something. File the letters in the recycle bin.

KB7MIB

I got a letter from them today, for my GMRS license that was set to expire April 14th? 17th?
I renewed online via the ULS with time to spare before it expired.

And I've gotten these in the past, from them and others. I've never took them up on the offer, as I've always gotten the FCC notice well beforehand and taken care of it myself.

John
Peoria, AZ

cmdrwill

I got another letter from Business Radio Licensing yesterday and that license I had already renewed long ago.

Pain in the Post Office..... JUNK MAIL.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Glad their spreading the love around....i seem to get them daily ....or it seems that way.....Yes grinder file works over time.....I tell people i know ill to it for nothing.....since it take nothing to do most items they want to charge for

fwradio

Texas DB Admin
Database Admin
My customers get these all the time and call me worried that the FCC is sending them bills. It gets aggravating having to explain so often that it is only junk mail. They waste a lot of money sending that stuff out.

12dbsinad

Federal Licensing is the worst. The company name alone and the letterhead make it scream that it's some sort of government entity to the lame person. I also get a kick out of the big listing of fines and the scare tactics.

But hey, it must work or else they wouldn't spend the money on mailings.

Mtnrider

Premium Subscriber
Received another today......Under Federal name "Modification Division " Now.....and on the white sheets "highlighted" RETURN WITH CHECK......off to the grinder it goes...

Status
Not open for further replies.