• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Silver plated BNC connectors for RG214

Status
Not open for further replies.

phillmobile

I am hunting high and low for these can anyone help, dont want nickle plated need to do a good job with an install seems crazy having silver N plug to RG214 then in to a cheap 'o' plug.

Dont mind importing or paying big bucks

If anyone can point me in the right direction, i have contacted suppliers in the UK and no one can do this.

Thanks

Phill, UK.

prcguy

Kings still makes silver plated connectors and look about ten items down on this page for a silver plated Teflon connector: https://www.surplussales.com/Connectors/BNC-1.html

Surplus Sales of Nebraska is known for high prices but $11 US is not bad for this connector.

I am hunting high and low for these can anyone help, dont want nickle plated need to do a good job with an install seems crazy having silver N plug to RG214 then in to a cheap 'o' plug.

Dont mind importing or paying big bucks

If anyone can point me in the right direction, i have contacted suppliers in the UK and no one can do this.

Thanks

Phill, UK.

freddaniel

The only connectors like that are made are for RG-8, which is slightly smaller OD.

Most people do not go directly from RG-214 directly to BNC, as the size of the cable places undue strain on the connector, and they often break off when the cable is moved. Some of the Tx-Rx Systems duplexers still use BNC connectors. Consider using a mounted N-type female and a short piece of RG-142, 223, or 400 cable with a BNC connector. I often use a lightning arrestor as the point to transition to smaller cables inside the cabinets.

The most widely available silver plated connectors are from RF Industries. Download their catalog at
https://www.rfindustries.com/resources/catalogs.php
Their connectors are widely stocked throughout the USA at very reasonable prices, at authorized distributors.
To assemble above, use an RFN-1021-6 N-Female to RG-223 to an RFB-1100-2ST BNC Male, all silver plated. Or as an alternative, [if you must] consider a N-Female to BNC-Male adapter. The Silver version is a RFN-1038-1 otherwise a UG-349B/U Mil Spec adapter.

If you buy 100 or more connectors of what you use most, usually you can talk a distributor into giving you the 100 lot price on other connectors and adapters bought in smaller quantities.

phillmobile

Thank you guys, the reason for all this is we are going on to Kenwood nexedge repeaters which use bnc, and we use rg214 throughout the combining with N plugs, will consider adaptors to get going and will take a look at the links, thanks again.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Thank you guys, the reason for all this is we are going on to Kenwood nexedge repeaters which use bnc, and we use rg214 throughout the combining with N plugs, will consider adaptors to get going and will take a look at the links, thanks again.

We used the small superflex Heliax on ours. Both for the RX input from the RX multicoupler and the TX out to the amplifiers. From the amplifiers, we ran 1/2" superflex heliax to the transmit combiner.

prcguy

For short jumpers between radio and duplexer or combiners RG-142B/U is an industry standard like RG-214 and there are a lot of BNC options.

Status
Not open for further replies.