• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Pro-96 Trunking Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
I have a question. I want to try to track the Camp Lejeune, NC 400Mhz Trunked System. The type according to the database here, the system is a Motorola ASTRO 3600 Baud. My Pro-96 will not open squelch and I cannot figure it out. If anyone can help me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks
Robert

Steve2003

Did you program the base/offset? Many systems in the 400mhz range have to have the base and ofset frequencies programmed otherwise the scanner will open squelch. You will need a programming cable and a copy of win96 to program the base and offset frequencies.

mlevin

First off you don't need win 96 to program base/offset.

While in an ID bank hit FUNC 2, there you'll find the base/offset. When you program that, go back to the ID bank hit Func 3. Make sure it says multi table. If it doesn't say that that switch it 'till it does.

You can find the proper base/offset in the dadbase under the system. From you're other posts it seems that you have them right. Just make sure FUNC 3 is set to Multi Table, and it should work. Good luck.

Robbyboy

Cat Herder
There is base, offset and step. I have the base, the offset is just a three digit number and its kinda vague. Any advice?

Robert

mlevin

Offset should be 380 like it says. I'm not very familiar with what it does exactly. All I know is that if you got it right, it works. Steps should be 12.5 KHz.

DonS

mlevin said:
First off you don't need win 96 to program base/offset.

While in an ID bank hit FUNC 2, there you'll find the base/offset. When you program that, go back to the ID bank hit Func 3. Make sure it says multi table. If it doesn't say that that switch it 'till it does.

ITYM "Table", not "Multi Table".

"Multi Table" is only used if there are multiple base/offset/step settings for the system - and you can only program those with external software (e.g. Win96).

jamiewmorris

uhf trunking

As a few have seen, I have been finding some info on a possible site for a federal prison system close to me. What my major problem is gonna be is the base frequency, and offset; how could I possibly get this without trunker?? Any help?

mikey60

As a few have seen, I have been finding some info on a possible site for a federal prison system close to me. What my major problem is gonna be is the base frequency, and offset; how could I possibly get this without trunker?? Any help?

I posted a procedure for doing this in the other thread, but basically it's all trial and error.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.