• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

LTR Trunk Software & Determining Freq

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
Hello All,

I've been using the LTR trunk software lately on a multi-net system here and it picks up the frequencies associated just nicely.

Today, I began playing around with a regular LTR system. It is in the 900mhz band. While listening to 937.5625mhz, which I've determined is LCN 18 per my PRO-97, I watched as a a TG came up on the system. I also determined that 937.6125mhz is LCN 16.

At the time, a total of 4 frequencies displayed, but not as a frequency. It displayed 0x00e, 0x010, 0x012, and 0x014.

I've determined that the 0x010 slot is frequency 937.6125 and the 0x012 slot is frequency 937.5625. I've edit the system text file to reflect these frequencies.

I thought that it might pick-up the frequencies that I inputted and would ID the other channels for me. It didn't. So, my question is, is there a way for me to tell the software to auto-detect/determine the other frequencies?

Is there a way for me to manually figure this out with the software, or do I have to go back to the PRO-97 sitting on the frequency and waiting for a channel ID to display?

Also, other than watching the TG activity to see which home channel it belongs to, is there any way for the software to dictate the LCN channel number?

I am used to using Unitrunker, but since it has no capability to do LTR, I'm trying to use my Unitrunker experience to help out here with this LTR experience :)

Thanks,

cg

Premium Subscriber
LTRTrunk does nothing automatically in regard to frequencies such as ID'ing unknown freqs. You can get an idea of the number of LCN's but not the actual frequency. A plain LTR system does not transmit the same type of info as Multinet does in the data stream.

chris

To match the LCN on the 97 from what you have on the screen on LTRTrunk, use the Windows calculator on scientific. On the top left, just under the display line, click on HEX. Type in the number you have without the 0x and leading 0s. (0x010 gets entered as 10) Then click on the DEC spot next to HEX. This shows the result of 16 which is the LCN.

FLANO

AZ DB Administrator
Database Admin
cg said:
LTRTrunk does nothing automatically in regard to frequencies such as ID'ing unknown freqs. You can get an idea of the number of LCN's but not the actual frequency. A plain LTR system does not transmit the same type of info as Multinet does in the data stream.

chris

To match the LCN on the 97 from what you have on the screen on LTRTrunk, use the Windows calculator on scientific. On the top left, just under the display line, click on HEX. Type in the number you have without the 0x and leading 0s. (0x010 gets entered as 10) Then click on the DEC spot next to HEX. This shows the result of 16 which is the LCN.

Thank You Chris,

That was helpful. It reaffirmed what I learned by using my PRO-97. I had ID'd 4 channels, 14, 16, 18, and 20. It corresponds very nicely with the software :)

D

DaveNF2G

Think of LTR-Regular as EDACS without the control channel. In other words, LTR-Regular is based on LCN ordering, similar to EDACS, but the LCN identification comes from data bursts sent by each repeater instead of a steady control signal sent over a single channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.