• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Astro Saber [Scan Lists/Use]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
I have a Astro Saber 3 and I have been told that you can have multiple scan lists within each zone. Up to 16 scan lists per zone.

I am in the process of programing this radio for everyday use and I need to find a way to activate these scan lists for use. I programed 2 scan lists using 2 different zones. The first being zone 1 and the second being zone 3.

When I go to use the keys on the front of the radio to use either the first scan list [zone 1] or the second scan list [zone 3], I only end up being able to use/scan the first scan list [zone 1]. The lists are definately programed in the radio because when I "read the device", it shows up as being programed in.

Anyone know how to activate multiple scan lists from the front keypad of the radio ? I plan to have many scan lists within each zone.

Any help is welcome from those wiser than me.

Thank you!

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
If you want scanlist 1 for the first zone, scanlist 1 must be selected for each personality (channel) within that zone.

If you want scanlist 3 for the 3rd zone, scanlist 3 must be selected for each personality (channel) within that zone.

You cannot activate or choose scanlists from the keypad of the radio.

What you do is select a channel (personality) and it will use the scanlist slaved to it in the personality screen when you press the scan button or select the scan menu option.

If your personalities in Zone 1 are setup to use scanlist 1, then turning scan on will scan the channels in scanlist 1.

If your personalities in Zone 3 are setup to use scanlist 3, then you will use scanlist 3.

Armadillo5

Premium Subscriber
Thank you for the reply and help.

If I understand this correctly....it is with in each personality that I have to setup the scanlist for?

Here is what I have been told...you can have up to 16 scan lists per zone. So if zone 4 has 16 channels you can have 16 different scan lists within that zone. So if I wanted channels [ie personalities] from zones 1, 3, 8 and 10 setup in a scan list and that scan list was in zone 4 I can do this. This also being the same for the rest of the zones/scanlists.

I have a P-25 VHF radio, Astro Saber 3 with 255 channels. I am going to use it in both P-25 and normal conventional modes. I am wanting to setup multiple scan lists for each zone. Can I do this?

If I am understanding this further, I have to find the "window" within the let's say, the "conventional personality" to activate that scan list for that zone?

Sorry if I sound confused but I am...I trust you have explained this well, I just am not sure what direction I need to be pointed in to find the correct way within the software to set this up.

Does this make sense?

Again I appreciate the help.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes, you could have 16 channels in a zone each with it's own scanlist. However, the astro saber doesn't have that many scanlists and you will soon run out.

Your scanlists can contain any channels from any zone.

If Zone 4 has 16 channels, each with a different scanlist, you can add channels in from other zones.

You should read the manual that came with the RSS, it will probably answer most of your questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.