• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

New and need MUCH Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnDawg

Alright guys I just bought a new Pro-96 Scanner because I was told that the local police department here has an updated system and I needt his updated scanner to hear them. I do not know there frequeincies or anything and I know NOTHING about Digital Trunking. I live in McMinnville, Oregon. If you could please find the frequeincies I need and also tell me how to program it. That would be great. Thanks.

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I searched for you, and I cannot find any info on a digital or trunked system in McMinnville, Oregon.

GunnDawg

Yah its the Yamhill county in Oregon. My old scanner cannot pick them up because They have a new system so I got the new Pro-96 which should be here via UPS any minute. My bud says its gonna be a pain to set up and so im looking for a little reference. What do you all think ? I cannot even find a McMinnvile, Oregon Police frequency, I guess if someone could find that for me then that might be a start. I dont know.

mlevin

Hmm, no info is submitted for yamhill. Another source that I know of is the Police Call. You can pick up a copy off of www.scannermsater.com I don't know of any other good source. You could always google. I've got mediocre results in the past using that method. Other then that a service search when you get the scanner, and do some detective work. :(

ericcarlson

Database Admin
According to this page Yamhill County uses an MPT1327 trunked radio system in the 460 MHz band. There are no trunktracking scanners for MPT1327, although there is at least one computer-based utility floating around that can decode data from the system.

If you do a Google search for "yamhill county trunked" or "mcminnville trunked" you will get some relevant links.

-Eric

ericcarlson

Database Admin
One of the four channels should have a constant data noise on it. The other 3 will be used for voice conversations. You can put the voice frequencies in your scanner and scan them like regular conventional frequencies. You will not be able to tell (directly) which talkgroup you are listening to at any given time but you should at least hear the audio (assuming there is no encryption being used).

-Eric

GunnDawg

What do you mean I will not be able to tell who it is. All I want to do is put in the freq. into the scanner and have it auto scan so whenever police/dispatcher talk is going on. I will be able to hear them.

ka2mek

Hi
Here is what I found and I listed it here.
You might as well plug all these freqs in dog ,and see what develops you might be :D or you might be :x but you gotta put them in first and listen for a while before you get results,remember ROME was not built in a day,so have patience and try these out,you don't need to set up the trunking yet,just listen and see if any activity is present and if it is then you got a fish on the line and real it in and start reading the manual on how to set up the trunking etc etc etc yadda yadda yadda.

Yamhill County

Mcminnville 46.500 Fire
Mcminnville 46.100 Fire
Mcminnville 46.420 Fire

Yamhill Cnty KGP693 45.880 Fire
Yamhill Cnty KGP693 46.100 Fire F-2 PL 110.9
Yamhill Cnty 46.220 Fire
Yamhill Cnty 46.260 Fire F-3
Yamhill Cnty 46.280 Fire F-6
Yamhill Cnty 46.320 Fire F-5
Yamhill Cnty 46.420 Fire F-1 PL 110.9
Yamhill Cnty 46.500 Fire
Yamhill Cnty 154.280 Fire
Yamhill Cnty 45.320 Sheriff F-1 PL 110.9
Yamhill Cnty 45.460 Sheriff F-2 PL 110.9
Yamhill Cnty 45.980 Sheriff
Yamhill Cnty 46.020 Sheriff
Yamhill Cnty 453.3875 Police
Yamhill Cnty 458.3875 Police
Yamhill Cnty 460.500 Police Mutual Aid Channel.

hope this helps
Rob-KA2MEK

GunnDawg

Ok I turned it on and hit the Srch Button until I saw Police/Fire on the display screen and I can hear people talking. But every once in awhile I have to hit the Up arrow because it will hang on this really loud Buzzing noise. I cant tell if this is the police or the sheriff. the sheriff do not have the new system set up... So I dont know...

mciupa

Pages 30 and 32 in the owner's manual will explain how to enter the freq.'s that were listed above.

GunnDawg

What do you guys suppose it is I am hearing on the Police/Fire pre-programed deal when I hit the SRCH button?

gtor72

how to program

read your manual, then read it again, then if you think you understand some of it, read it again. then a fourth time, and you still will not totally understand it. it takes quite awhile to figure out the scanner. but once you do you wont be disappointed....i'm still trying to figure out the talk group thing. but maybe i will understand that in time, i've only had my pro96 two weeks.....good luck...

gtor72

how to program

read your manual, then read it again, then if you think you understand some of it, read it again. then a fourth time, and you still will not totally understand it. it takes quite awhile to figure out the scanner. but once you do you wont be disappointed....i'm still trying to figure out the talk group thing. but maybe i will understand that in time, i've only had my pro96 two weeks.....good luck...

GunnDawg

Ok I figured out how to program freq. into banks. How do I set it to auto scan thru my bank of freq. that I set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.