• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Help With ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Comint

Premium Subscriber
jlm7424 said:
Is their a scanner that can scan the mpt 1327 radio systems?

thanks any answers appreciated
The short answer is NO - but it depends on how you define 'scanner' and 'scan'.

The scanners in your tagline will monitor the individual channels used on an MPT1327 system, but they aren't able to decode the Control Channel information.

There are no scanners currently available, that will monitor MPT1327 systems in the same manner that your scanners will monitor Motorola, EDACS, or LTR.

WinRadio has a module (software) that allows decoding of MPT1327 signals, but is it a 'scanner'?

There are also hardware/software arrangements known as FTrunk and PTrunk, but would you call them 'scanners'?

gator

Premium Subscriber
Hey there,
It looks like I am not the only person that has found a mpt system in the state have you figured out what agency etc it might be? I have linked mine to Basin electrict off of a tower in Clay County.

cg

Premium Subscriber
There are several decoders that will show the activity on the MPT1327 systems and are free (and they work).
Unitrunker (forum here) and Trunkview (search Yahoo Groups)
Both will control a computer controllable scanner, do some research online as how to hook each up. I have success feeding them from the speaker rather than from discriminator.

chris

morfis

MPT1327 is fairly slow data and doesn't really need a "discriminator tap" to work well with PC-based decoding

SCPD

QRT
That's true. For those systems that inject a sub-audible tone on the control channel, using speaker audio - instead of unfiltered discriminator audio - will produce better results.

gator

Premium Subscriber
ok
well on mine the control channel is 452.6500 but on Trunkview it says 420 so can anybody explain how this works

morfis

You need to set up a "site" entry for your system so it knows what the channel plan is for the specific system.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Unitrunker is probably better for a new user. Otherwise, you would probably need to join the Trunkview Yahoo Group and (after searching the archives of course) ask the question there.

chris

grosminet

MPT1327 capable scanner

Hello from France,

Last year , i asked to Uniden Europe the availability of such scanners . The answer was NO . Just a question of numbers of scanners sold in Europe !! (not enough)

Uniden succeded in APCO25 scanner , they could do TETRA also !!

Status
Not open for further replies.