• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Digital Astro Programming Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

MEGA14

I'm in Toronto and need a Digital Astro Mobile unit programmed.

It is a low split VHF .

If anyone out there is capable or knows someone who is , please leave a post or a message .

Thanks.

MMIC

I'm not sure if you're wanting to pay for the service or not, but you may want to search the internet or check your local phone book for radio shops that are Motorola dealers and give them a call to see if they can program it for you. They will probably charge a nominal fee, but it's better than having to purchase the expensive software and cables from Motorola.

There shouldn't be a problem with them programming the radio for you if you're only looking to program in conventional channels.

MEGA14

Actually , there is a problem . They want a letter from the OPP granting permission to program frequencies in this radio , that are programmed no-questions-asked in Uniden digital radios.

I have called the OPP for the letter and am waiting for a reply .

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Not going to happen.

The trunking system the OPP are on is operated by Bell Mobility Radio.

Bell Mobility Radio would need to program your unit for you after getting authorization from the OPP.

That ain't gonna happen.

Same answer as you got at Batlabs.

Heterodyne

Premium Subscriber
MEGA14 said:
I'm in Toronto and need a Digital Astro Mobile unit programmed.

It is a low split VHF .

If anyone out there is capable or knows someone who is , please leave a post or a message .

Thanks.

I must concurr with the advice you've been given on this and other forums.

No radio shop will program it for you, and you've already made yourself too much of a heatscore for any of the local 'independant' guys to program it for you.

Sell your radio and buy a scanner.

MEGA14

Mike_Oxlong said:
Not going to happen.

The trunking system the OPP are on is operated by Bell Mobility Radio.

Bell Mobility Radio would need to program your unit for you after getting authorization from the OPP.

That ain't gonna happen.

Same answer as you got at Batlabs.

All I got from Batlabs was an insult from some clown and condescending remarks about hiding behind the internet from another.

No one actually came out and said what you just did , here.

Now that I have an answer , I'll end the thread myself.

diskmonger

Yeah batlabs has some great information but most of the people in the forums are jerks and are going to be unwilling to offer much help at all.

I do agree with the previous responses though - your not going to get any kind of permission from OPP to have a radio prorammed on their system.

ElroyJetson

I AM NOT YOUR TECH SUPPPORT.
Premium Subscriber
DO NOT ASK ME FOR HELP PROGRAMMING YOUR RADIO. NO.
I wouldn't call most people on Batlabs "jerks"....many of them are veterans of the radio wars and simply won't stick their necks out and accept possible liability for someone they don't know and trust.

Besides, Motorola trunking systems are difficult to monitor in full stealth mode. Short of
taking out a driver or PA device, they retain the capability to transmit, if only at the system's request, despite the presence of the "tx inhibit" option in the software.
And they CAN scan for listening units that haven't logged in....

Anyone who really wants to do this will find a way to secure the tools he needs to do it
himself. Some of that is easy, some of that is a little more complicated.

Elroy

Status
Not open for further replies.