• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

ARC780 File for finding UHF LTR channels

Status
Not open for further replies.

cg

Premium Subscriber
Here is the ARC780 file I use for searching 451-453 & 460.9-464.9875 for LTR systems. I use this with LTRDump and LTRTrunk programs.

I load this file and then scan with TRUNK off. When I get activity (either LTR clicks or voice) I press MANUAL and TRUNK. I then start the appropriate program to figure out the traffic.

I have listed each frequency with the hex as well as dec. designation.

The EMS Med channels (462.95-463.175) are not in there. I needed additional room for some public safety at the end.

chris gordon
granby ct

mr_hankey

out standing!

one thing the 780 can't do is send the TRUNK signal in search mode.

this helps alot.

as an added tip, you can designate the frequency as FM to pull in some distant frequencies...

i'm gonna give it a shot right now!

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
Here's a file for the PRO-92 and PRO-2067. It contains all frequencies from 451-453 and 460.65-464.9875 except Med channels. There are also seven search ranges defined, mostly 1 MHz wide each.

This is really for regular LTR only since the banks and channels are set to LTR.

BANDIT

While you guys are here I need some info. Gwinnett School System and three Licences WPVQ760, WPVQ715 and WPSL764. These seem to all be Multinet LTR, I cant find a status channel only a burst every 10 sec on the frequencys for repeter output. Loaded all the 16 frequencys in a bank together in ascending order, set them to Trunk and do an ID Scan. I have logged a lot of groups but what bothers me is I am getting ID's such as this, 0-02-094, 0-10-073, 0-27-115 and 0-30-192 which is why I think its multinet as LTR systems have only 20 slots. Two of the repeters have 5 frequencys and the third has 6 and another call of WPTG834 is listed in database as conventional and has the same outputs as WPSL764. I know LTR can support both trunk and conventional. Any suggestions for mapping this system. :(

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If there is no status channel it isn't MultiNet. Regular LTR is much more common than MultiNet. The checksum in regular LTR is far from foolproof and bogus id's sometimes get through the check. The file at http://home.hvc.rr.com/bpetrow/ltr.htm may help you determine the repeater numbers. What scanner are you using?

BANDIT

Its a BC785D, and I was thinking that regular LTR had a status channel and read that PassPort has burst every two seconds. If I hold on a channel I will get burst every 10 seconds, and the home repeter in the IDs that I am receiving is why I was thinking it might be multinet. Just learning about LTR and this is the only one around that I know of at the time. Earlier I said I was doing an ID scan and I ment to say ID search. When there are multiple systems do they have to be in different banks? All of these repeaters are located on the same tower.

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
A burst every ten seconds is characteristic of regular LTR. There is no status channel with regular LTR. Each LTR system should be in its own bank as a rule. The only exception is for two systems that do not share any repeater numbers (independent LCN). Even then the scan lists can get tangled up so it is best to have one system per bank.

BANDIT

Thanks, I will give that a try and put the three in seperate banks and try to map each one. I cant use Ltrunk yet because I only have the pass-through slicer from dataslicers.com and its not filtered. May have to wait until school starts up again as Friday was the last day of school and I am not getting as much activity as last week, tho there is still some and I think others than just the school are using the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.