• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

PRO 2067 SCANNER

Status
Not open for further replies.

okla-lawman

I have a pro 2067 scanner. During operation it jumps out of trunk tracking mode and scans frequecies. This is happening to two other officers who have them mounted in their patrol cars. Do any of you have
any ideas how to prevent it?? or an easy fix??

Eng74

When you say it jumps out of trunk tracking mode what does it do? Is someone transmitting when this happens? If there is no transmitions then it will scan the frqs. in that bank. Also what type of system is it?

G

it does it on both edacs and motorola. It will appears to be scannong as normal, but then they begin to pick up in non programmed talk grops such as water sewer, fire and so on. I dont normally keep my radios groups active but sometimes it does happen. Front end overload??

Eng74

Check to see if the banlks are in the closed (-) mode and not the open (+). then you should only get the programed talk groups.

mlevin

I'm not familiar with the 2067, but is it possible your losing the control channel. I know my pro94 does this.

Eng74

The only other thing than the open or closed fix I can think of would be that maybe the bank or one of the channels is not set to the right system. Are you programing with WIN92 or the GRE program? Did this problem start since you had the radio or after a while? The only proble I have trunking with my 92/2067 is on the Orange County, CA system but the 93/95/96 all work great on it.

okla-lawman

It only does it some times. I am thginking one of 3 thgings. Losing control
channel (but on 4 different scanners??), front end overload from having
transmitter close by (800 mhz, though scanner antennas are feet away)
or electrical surge caused by scanner beinh on when caru is started.

okla-lawman

I used to install a electronic noise illiminator in the positive line to the scanner and never had this problem. The raidio shop now has to install all
electronics. Any suggestions for a quick fix??

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
okla-lawman said:
I used to install a electronic noise illiminator in the positive line to the scanner and never had this problem. The raidio shop now has to install all

{VBSE GRIN!} Yep! Remember to turn it off before shutting the vehicle off and then remembering to turn it back on *after* the vehicle is started.

Seriously though, you'll probably need to either find or make a `PI' filter, an inductor with a capacitor on the input and the output, that you can somehow put in the line to the scanner. Since you `problem' seems to be basically a low frequency `problem' the values, and physical sizes, of the caps and inductor will probably fairly `large' so it'll probably be in some sort of box rather than something that could be sort of a `lump' in the powercord. {WAN GRIN!} It's been quite a while since I actually had to `design' one so I can't give you too good of an idea of the actual sizes.

Another thing that *might* work would be for you to get a service manual and see if they have a filter capacitor across the power. (I'd look for it directly after the power jack, or right before or after the power switch.) If there is such a critter I'd be sorely tempted to fit a bigger capacitance value, with the same or slightly bigger voltage value, in it's place. (IE: If it's a 200mfd 16VDC cap I'd consider maybe a 500mfd 16VDC cap instead.) You *might* be able to get away with it and not have to go `all the way' with the `PI' filter if you're lucky.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
okla-lawman said:
Since you can't make modifications to the install, just get in the habit of hitting the<SCAN> button again after starting the vehicle. Since you are using a 2067, you should be used to hitting that SCAN button :lol:

okla-lawman

loumaag said:
okla-lawman said:
Since you can't make modifications to the install, just get in the habit of hitting the<SCAN> button again after starting the vehicle. Since you are using a 2067, you should be used to hitting that SCAN button :lol:

Not really.. pretty much turn it on at beginning of shift and leave it.
I am in and out of my patrol car a bunch and it is a pain to always turn
it off. I have 4 radios in my car and this is the only one it eefects. Hitting
the scan button does not always bring it back to trunker mode

Status
Not open for further replies.