Iowa Check In

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Hello Everybody,

I'm Jason, and I've taken a Mod spot and DB admin job in our little corner of the web. Who else is in here? Where are you from and what do you like to listen to?

I'm from Fort Dodge/Webster County, but I regularly travel across the state. I also have my Ham License.

I listen to PS and Fire, Sometimes i'm around on the Local repeaters in central iowa (Fort Dodge, Boone, Sheldahl, Ames), and all over the rail band.

Last edited:

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
Checking in from Des Moines/Ankeny. I listen to mostly public safety as part of my job (and hobby) and I roam throughout the state. I am on the 2-meter repeaters with the callsign K0DSM.

JLM7424

I,am mainly Listning To Plymouth co. & Sioux Co and DPS.
Moving from Le mars,IA to Orange City,IA Shortly.

Not a Ham But i do listen, as far as what i like , I like to listen to Ps/Dps & use my psr600 & 396T
to find new stuff and always trying to fill in the info like pl tones & Nac codes and so on.

JLM7424/ MATT

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Im originally from Cedar Rapids, but I live in Tama county now, for about the last year. I'm a ham also. I mostly listen to public safety on my scanners. If anyone is within scanning distance of Tama County, you can here me on our OPS (simplex) dispatch channel as tama county 43 (or 86-43 depending on what mood dispatch is in.)

mikeydcg2003

Checking in From Dallas Center, Ia. You might hear me from time to time on the Simplex Fire Channels of dallas county as i am a Firefighter for Dallas Center. Also listen to Other dallas County PS freqs as well as Story county, Westcom, Polk County(Racom and Conventional) DOT,ISP, Etc.

garn

Hey everyone, Ankeny checking in. My name is Jason and i've been around scanners most of my life, so it was a no brainer that I finally got in on the hobby. I'm mostly into the public saftey frequencies. One of these days/months/years, my goal is to upgrade to a trunked scanner.

compwhiz808

Dubuque here. I mostly mess with PC based monitoring and digital mode Ham radio (KD0BML). I also have the Dubuque, Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids and Iowa City police/fire online feeds.

wn0r

Brian here, from Fort Dodge. I Listen 98% to Milair, when I'm board or hear sirens I might turn on the local PD's but not very often.
I'm also a ham operator too. I like to play around with the digital stuff (HF) and I'm starting to get more involved with satellites since I just bought a house and have a little bit more room.

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
Dubuque here. I mostly mess with PC based monitoring and digital mode Ham radio (KD0BML). I also have the Dubuque, Quad Cities, Cedar Rapids and Iowa City police/fire online feeds.

Where do you listen to CR online? That's where I'm orignally from. I have a 2096 hooked up to a D-130J discone on a 15 foot mast on top of my house but unfortunately I can't pull in CR from 2 counties away probably without a yagi.

g5turbo81

Iowa City checking in here.

Radio Shack Pro-433 with Antenna Mounted 40 ft up.

Normally listen to PS,Fire,Rail and anything else I can tune into.

New to this site and new to scanning and learning more and more each day.

Matt

W0GEN

Premium Subscriber
Waterloo Iowa

I have been monitoring most of my life... like to know what is going on out there. I also am a weather spotter, and maintain a personal weather station.

jvdkieft

Joe from Urbandale. Long time lurker, just starting to post. I've been monitoring ACARS more or less constantly since 2003 (although my ACARS server hard drive died, waiting for a good hard drive deal to bring it back to life, when live you can check it out at http://joeandkerryacars.no-ip.org). Main interests are civil air and milair, but also monitor Westcom, and some HF stuff (HFDL, USAF Global HF System). Trying to find a free weekend to mount a Scantenna up in my attic, since I don't have the time/energy to put up a proper tower. From the basement I get surprisingly good reception on my BCT-15. Most of my monitoring is from a Pro-96 and Pro-97. Dedicated BC-350A for ACARS.

stummej

James here checking in from cedar falls, ive been around scanners starting when i got my DL and finally got a digital scanner. I mostly listen to ps and waterloo met(to see if the bus is going to be on time). On weekends i travel up to north iowa which means about 1/3 of iowa freqs :D

n0loh

N0LOH Tom in Muscatine. I listen to VHF/UHF (not 800MHz) here. I am secretary/treasurer of the Muscatine Amateur Radio Club and will be ARRL Iowa Section Manager come APril 2009.

Radioman96p71

Feed Provider
Adam checking in from Bondurant, Polk Co. I have been monitoring anything RF since 1995. Ham radio operator since before I could drive! I currently monitor the RACOM system religiously, 2 M-RK's and a few desktop/handheld scanners. Hope to get out this summer and do some storm chasing and photography since work has kept me from it last 2 years!

KCØGIK

Hawkeye242

Hey All Andy Here,

In Burlington, I Monitor Mainly Military Comms And Aviaiton, But I Also Scan Railroad And Travel The Area Rail Fanning

I'm Pretty New To The Hobby So I Have Alot To Learn About Radio!!

Radioshack Pro-2052 Hooked Up To An AntennaCraft ST4

Rich83

Hi all

Recently moved to Ames from across the pond! Like listening to anything I can find especially public safety as it was all TETRA back home and I'm slowly filling up my scanner with frequencies. If anyone is local and could give me a few good frequencies it would be much appreciated!