RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Iowa Radio Discussion Forum

Iowa Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Iowa.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-24-2010, 10:50 AM
The Third Variable
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Looking for frequencies? Look Here First!

OKAY-

Since people must be using google searches to get here and they're asking for frequencies, I'm creating this.

RadioReference.com has an extensive, user created, database of frequencies.

Before asking here Please check the database: RadioReference.com - Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Database

If you're here to discuss new frequencies, Please be sure to post the information in the relevant place in the WiKi: Main Page - The RadioReference Wiki

burner50@radioreference.com
Sponsored links
Old 07-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Wiki Admin Emeritus
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Actually since this is the Iowa forum...new stuff for Iowa that hasn't yet been validated should be put here.

Iowa (US) - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike
Old 07-30-2010, 12:13 AM
The Third Variable
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka3jjz View Post
Actually since this is the Iowa forum...new stuff for Iowa that hasn't yet been validated should be put here.

Iowa (US) - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike
Thanks Mike,

It was sortof a generalized statement, not really specific to Iowa or any place else in general... Just alot of recent posts asking for specific frequencies that are readily available in the DB (i'm assuming the results of a google/bing/yahoo search)

burner50@radioreference.com
Old 09-09-2010, 3:39 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I have just submitted some greq. for Greene County. There were there once but had been removed.

ka0jpn
Old 09-09-2014, 9:10 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Clarion PD?

OK, I'll bite.

I've looked in the database (here) but see no reference to Clarion PD. There's quite a few VHF freqs licensed to the City of Clarion in the FCC database that aren't in the RR db. Thanks.
Sponsored links
Old 09-10-2014, 3:01 AM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk6rq View Post
OK, I'll bite.

I've looked in the database (here) but see no reference to Clarion PD. There's quite a few VHF freqs licensed to the City of Clarion in the FCC database that aren't in the RR db. Thanks.
I suspect they run their radio traffic through the county sheriff's repeater, a common practice in Iowa. They do have a lady that answers the PD phone Mon-Fri 8-5 so they might have a TAC channel(158.835???) as well to talk to her.

Tim
Old 03-22-2015, 8:41 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Default Cedar Rapids

Hi, I'm new. Hopefully I put this in the right forum, I live in Cedar Rapids and am looking to monitor the frequencies from my work on a HT while driving in and before I get to my my work radio to "know which way the wind is blowing" before I walk in. The frequency specific to my building is 456.825 I can pick up static when someone hits PTT and the static stops when the person stops talking/ button is released. How can I receive ineligible speach? Is there a tone that needs to be set or something else? Any help is appreciated.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:57 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Still trying to get the State Troop freqs used down in Marion County, IA. Radio Ref lists freqs for areas like 2B, 3A etc. Need help some some who knows Iowa!

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA
Old 07-06-2015, 7:18 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Neil, looks like that county could be using all three area dispatch centers.. what I would do is program for all three but don't put in CTCSS tone code. Set your scanner to search for code and write down the ones you get activity on. Beings where Marion County is according to state maps, I would guess it probably uses Des Moines for dispatch, but who knows, techinically they use Fairfield off repeater B since that is their district communications center. Another thing you could do is program for Albia, Fairfield, Brooklyn and St. Marys from this page... Department of Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Maps are located here... Department of Public Safety (IA) - The RadioReference Wiki Good Luck!
Old 07-07-2015, 12:44 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximan90 View Post
Neil, looks like that county could be using all three area dispatch centers.. what I would do is program for all three but don't put in CTCSS tone code. Set your scanner to search for code and write down the ones you get activity on. Beings where Marion County is according to state maps, I would guess it probably uses Des Moines for dispatch, but who knows, techinically they use Fairfield off repeater B since that is their district communications center. Another thing you could do is program for Albia, Fairfield, Brooklyn and St. Marys from this page... Department of Public Safety Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference Maps are located here... Department of Public Safety (IA) - The RadioReference Wiki Good Luck!
I would put in all three area DPS Base frequencies and NOT use a CTCSS tone (like stated above)
AND do the same with all three LEA frequencies

Marion County is technically in the Albia Area 3 area but is close enough to the St Marys Area 1 tower and most likely within rage of the Brooklyn Area 2 tower

The sheriff's office would use 155.700 LEA with 146.2 tone (Area 3 B tone)

I am in a similar situation in the Eastern part of the state and load all three BASE and LEA frequeicies into my scanners

Last edited by IowaGuy1603; 07-07-2015 at 12:49 PM..
Old 07-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you listen long enough, you can find out where they switch bases as they announce it over the radio. Typically it is around a certain milepost along a road or a landmark.

I can tell you they do not use Brooklyn BASE or LEA in Marion county.

Tim

Tags