RACOM CORPORATION EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
I am in Minnesota, but I am posting this here because it seems like most of the RACOM posts are from the Iowa area. Anyway, is RACOM still in use in Iowa? It still shows up in the database here in Radio Reference, but I haven't heard any activity on that system in years. Most of the time when it was ins ervice I would acquire the control channel, but rarely here much activity In fact, I did a search and the FCC site show the licenses here as CANCELED. Could it be active in southern Minnesota near the Iowa border?

License Search - Search Results

timkilbride

Database Admin
I am in Minnesota, but I am posting this here because it seems like most of the RACOM posts are from the Iowa area. Anyway, is RACOM still in use in Iowa? It still shows up in the database here in Radio Reference, but I haven't heard any activity on that system in years. Most of the time when it was ins ervice I would acquire the control channel, but rarely here much activity In fact, I did a search and the FCC site show the licenses here as CANCELED. Could it be active in southern Minnesota near the Iowa border?

License Search - Search Results

During the re-banded process, RACOM got new licenses. I was actually just looking at some of the RACOM stuff at the Lake Benton and Henryville sites. It appears to have a whole new system different then the rest of the RACOM network and is licensed to some electric coop.

TIm

radioboy75

Premium Subscriber
Minnesota RACOM

Minnesota and South Dakota RACOM towers are actually owned by (one? two?) electric coops. That's why the licenses show up as being owned by electric coops. It's been this way for as long as I've known about RACOM.

FYI,
Scott

timkilbride

Database Admin
Minnesota and South Dakota RACOM towers are actually owned by (one? two?) electric coops. That's why the licenses show up as being owned by electric coops. It's been this way for as long as I've known about RACOM.

FYI,
Scott

Scott,

Are the LCN's different? The frequencies on the licenses don't match any good known LCN order.

Tim

tech020

RACOM is upgrading their EDACs to P25 and hoping to continue their network provider status with all the Iowa agencies. I believe they provided a very reasonable and comprhensive solution, but Iowa is advertising for a new digital statewide network. Won't be cheaper for sure.

newsphotog

Premium Subscriber
RACOM is upgrading their EDACs to P25 and hoping to continue their network provider status with all the Iowa agencies. I believe they provided a very reasonable and comprhensive solution, but Iowa is advertising for a new digital statewide network. Won't be cheaper for sure.

The current RFP out there is for a state-owned network. An RFP for a leased network (e.g. RACOM) will follow soon after the other RFP is closed. I'll note that the new RACOM network meets all of the requirements outlined in the state RFP and it will be very competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.