Muscatine County Sheriff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Littlerooster

Muscatine County Sheriff has been operating on 158.730 for some time but now transmissions on that frequency have ceased. Have tried other frequencies listed for Muscatine County on Radio Ref.
but have heard nothing. Can anyone explain or add information as to what has happened or if new frequencies have been issued ,and what are they?
Please advise! Thanks:

teufler

is it possible they are on Racom. There is a tower in Muscatine County. Also the 158 freq is county rural dispatch, what about the main cty dispatch.

rmcgowan

Premium Subscriber
Ive been hearing Muscatine County Sheriff on 155.940, also 151.175. And yes, it is DMR, or MOTOTRBO, or whatever, now. so you have to have DSD or DSD plus to monitor. Ive been hearing them pretty frequently up here in Benton County, IA. MUSCOM still uses the 154.174 analog for fire and ambulance paging though.

timkilbride

Database Admin
I noticed at an accident scene three weeks ago, some of the Atalissa VFD were carrying XPR radio's. I didn't observe any digital traffic while at the scene from the VFD, but County Sheriff was, when their radio's would work.

Tim

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I'm hearing noise - pardon the pun - that Muscatine PD and Fire are no longer encrypted on their DMR transmissions. Can anyone confirm?

SCPD

QRT
I noticed at an accident scene three weeks ago, some of the Atalissa VFD were carrying XPR radio's. I didn't observe any digital traffic while at the scene from the VFD, but County Sheriff was, when their radio's would work.

Tim

That's odd, my brother is a deputy and he likes the new system, says its a huge improvment from the old analog system!

taximan90

Premium Subscriber
Racom has placed a tower but no users listed... 1215 (4BF) Muscatine, IA Muscatine
06 861.56250c 07 854.56250 14 861.06250 15 854.06250 20 860.76250

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Actually like all Racom sites. Any users on the system can be heard on any site. Which is why I can hear Polk Co, Dubuque Co or any other areas in Davenport. Not all the time but at times. Two years ago there was a talkgroup with Muscatine PD on racom. It was usually in the clear. Not sure how the audio was picked up. But I was hearing other digital noise so I suspect it was just of the air. It did not last long. I was hearing off the Davenport site. BTW racom listeners City of Rock Island will becoming. Their council approved buying radios so they can join the rest of the Quad-Cities Police.

Status
Not open for further replies.