Quad Cities/Scott County freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

lu81fitter

I am looking to program frequencies in my scanner for the Quad Cities area. I am getting nothing on the EDACS freqs, but I am not finding anything in the database for digital stuff. I am hearing that most are digital in that area. Anyone have any ideas?

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
The EDACS system is all Analog, there is no digital capability. The only digital in the area right now is Starcom and Cedar County. Muscatine County uses Starcom.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

lu81fitter

I was in the Quad Cities area yesterday. I was getting a signal from the EDACS system but no voice traffic, even on ID Search. I was getting IL Dist 7 on an East Moline tower. Nothing on the Iowa side.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Strange. Scott County and Davenport are very active on the system, but you'll only hear Davenport on select sites.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
rethought this message and deleted it:

Davenport and Scott County are totally on RACOM, rural fire are paged on the old 154,220. State Police is still VHF analog, DOT is P25 conventional. Rock Island County is on RACOM except for Rock Island Sheriff and analog rural fire, Illinois State Police & DOT is on Starcom21,

That said, you can hear Milan PD on 154.815 as it is linked from Racom as is Bettendorf Police (460.45) and Fire (155.805). the last two may be taken down at times. Not sure if Silvis or Hampton police are linked back to VHF.

Rock Island Arsenal has their own system that is encrypted except for the machine shops and the utilities contractor.

If you have the capability Davenport Public Works, Citibus and Schools are on a mototrbo 450 MHz trunked system.

Last edited:

mws72

Premium Subscriber
The EDACS system is all Analog, there is no digital capability. The only digital in the area right now is Starcom and Cedar County. Muscatine County uses Starcom.

actually there is digital talkgroups, jut not decodable due to encryption. Davenport 2 and some others for other agencies.

timkilbride

Database Admin
actually there is digital talkgroups, jut not decodable due to encryption. Davenport 2 and some others for other agencies.

The issue with AEGIS and PROVOICE digital is scanner listeners automatically think its encrypted when they hear the digital hash. I don't think Davenport 2 is encrypted. I hear PROVOICE traffic when I visit the quad cities but don't follow EDACS much anymore since its on the way out.

Tim

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
The issue with AEGIS and PROVOICE digital is scanner listeners automatically think its encrypted when they hear the digital hash. I don't think Davenport 2 is encrypted. I hear PROVOICE traffic when I visit the quad cities but don't follow EDACS much anymore since its on the way out.

Tim
Exactly Tim. EDACS ProVoice is not what I consider digital, it is simply encrypted. It doesn't meet P25 standards, therefore not digital in my book.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
Exactly Tim. EDACS ProVoice is not what I consider digital, it is simply encrypted. It doesn't meet P25 standards, therefore not digital in my book.

Sorry, ProVoice is not encrypted necessarily. Just not P25 compliant digital if that makes more sense.

timkilbride

Database Admin
PROVOICE is/was the proprietary digital for Harris. Just like NXDN is for Kenwood. You can monitor PROVOICE pretty easy today. Radio's are going for dirt cheap on flea bay, some scanners now decode PROVOCIE, or you can buy a SDR dongle and decode it with some additional software.

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.