Clarke & Decatur County Law DMR

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemedic78

Anybody out there either in or near the Clarke County and Decatur County or anybody that knows information on those two county's DMR law radio slot number and color codes. I am looking for the slot number for each County, and the color code for Decatur County law dispatch to program into my xpr3500 mototrbo radio. I know the color code for Clarke County, which is 1, but I need to know the slot number for both counties and the color code for Decatur County in order to get it programmed into my DMR radio. I programmed the color code for Clarke County into my radio and I have it set to receive only because I do not need to transmit on those frequencies, I just want to be able to receive, just like I do with my scanner, but sometimes when I go down to that area and teach classes for EMS and fire fighting, I bring a different vehicle that does not have my Uniden BCD996P2 scanner that is mounted in my SUV, and I do have the correct color code programmed into my scanner.. Sometimes I will take my other car just to save on gas since I live quite a ways away, although, living in Guthrie County, with my Uniden scanner, I can hear Clarke county clear day. Decatur County I can start picking up once I get into the southern Adair and into Union County and further south of there but for some reason I'm able to pick up Clarke County excellent, but nothing from Decatur County for the most part here in Guthrie County where I live, except an occasional piece of traffic from the Lamoni Police Department frequency, and that may just simply be due to the fact that I have a larger antenna mounted on my roof of my SUV connected to my scanner giving it a longer reception reach. So basically I want to program my handheld just to be able to receive radio traffic while I'm driving through those two counties. I'm not able to pick up Clarke County on my 3500, even though I have it programmed with the correct color code but I also have the slot number selected as 1, which may be the wrong slot number, therefore that might be why I'm not receiving traffic on my handheld when I was down there two nights ago. So again to shorten this up, if anybody knows the color code for Decatur County law dispatch and the correct slot numbers for both counties so I can get them programmed into my radio, and again I'm only using the receive frequency, I don't need or want the transmit frequency, but I still have to have the slot number and correct color code in order for the 3500 to recieve. Again any help for those two counties would be great. Thank you.

firemedic78

Still needing help on finding color code for Decatur County and Slot numbers for Clarke County and Decatur County law Ops DMR systems. I've tried everything I can think of and it's all coming down to needing the correct color code, which I have for Clarke County,, but I must not have the correct slot number programmed in there, I have slot number1 programmed, for RX side for Clarke County law ops, and I believe I have the correct radio frequencies for both counties, because I have the same frequencies programmed into my scanner and I can hear radio traffic just fine, I know that Uniden website for the instructions on buying the upgrade for DMR, MOTOTRBO and PROVOICE, updating the firmware of the scanner, as well as instructions on how to enter the EID number, and those instructions specifically say when I create the new system and set it to digital only and then set DMR, and then set it to search color code, when traffic hits on that frequency, it will show the slot number or color code on the radio next to the letters DMR but all I get in the letters DMR, nothing about color code or slot number. Even though I have the system set to search for it. But I'm still receiving the sheriff dispatch information and radio traffic on my scanner, so I know the frequencies are correct for both counties and I know the color code is correct for Clarke County, but my Mototrbo XPR3500 is not receiving traffic with the same frequency, and again I have the correct color code for the one County, but I obviously do not have the right slot number for the rx side, and same with Decatur County, I know the frequency is right on that County as well too because I can get reception just fine on my scanner, but again I have it set to search for color or slot number but the only thing that pops up on the radio screen is DMR, yet Uniden instruction manual says it will show the DMR letters and the color code and Slot number. So I guess all I'm asking for is some help to figure out what slot number for Decatur County and Clarke County, and also the color code for Decatur County. Thank you.

owenmcc1

Feed Provider
My question is what are they smoking using DMR for Law Enforcement. Apparently they never heard how big of a disaster it was in Muscatine County.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

firemedic78

My question is what are they smoking using DMR for Law Enforcement. Apparently they never heard how big of a disaster it was in Muscatine County.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I guess I don't know what happened with Muscatine County, but the digital DMR systems for our surrounding Counties work great, in fact we are actually going to a DMR system ourselves within the next year-and-a-half. They are cheaper than going to the Iowa 700 megahertz system, and again, they work great with the counties that have them around us. Again I don't know what happened with Muscatine County, but the counties that surround us who use DMR when they upgraded work just great and again that's what we're looking into going to.

Status
Not open for further replies.