Westcom Analog

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwood6

Does anyone know why the Westcom Analog trunking system was removed from the databaase. It's still very active. Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

iascanguy

I think that was removed about the same time that Westcom was combined with ISICS. Maybe it was assumed that the analog site was no longer active.

Donald

dwood6

All of the non- Public Safety talk groups are only available on the analog system. Most (if not all) of the P25 Public Safety talk groups are cross broadcast on the analog system as well. I haven't heard all of the talk groups of course, but even today listening to my TRX-1 next to my Unication G5, every P25 broadcast was also heard on the analog system unless the TRX-1 was receiving one of the analog only talk groups. I don't know how long this will be the case, but being the analog system was not that old when the P25 system went live, I'm thinking it will be around for quite a while.

N0ZJT

Database Admin
I've moved the WESTCOM analog system back to normal display with a note that it is unknown how long it will remain active and with which users.

Status
Not open for further replies.