IMCC oakdale prison

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bandit52240

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone have the IMCC system on their scanner? I know it's DMR and my scanner is upgraded to DMR, but I've never done DMR before. First question I guess is DMR like the edacs and need to program the freq's in a certain order? Radio refference don't list the freq's like edacs so I am guessing the first gues in either box 0 or 1. Second question, I don't have a way to put a wildcard in for the talk groups, I can do a id scan or id search but I wonder if the id search works, I've had the id search on the Johnson County racom tower and haven't heard a thing on racom. any help would be appreciated. I have a uniden bcd992ps scanner and I do live in coralville so IMCC shouldn't be a problem to pick up.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Racom should be busy at times with Aircare locally & Medic EMS from Davenport. I have heard Davenport PD or even Scott County Sheriff at times when I am in town.

How do you program your scanner, your self or by program. I use ARC-XT pro because with radioreference downloads, it fast for me.

Bandit52240

Premium Subscriber
I use Arc-xt pro, but I do it myself, haven't had the money to pay to do it on radio reference. I did notice when I downloaded the scanner onto arc, I looked in the racom section and the freq's all had a 0 so say the real freq is 860.999 it showed on arc as 0860.999, i know thats not the true freq but you get the point. The johnson county system works for me as do the henry county iowa freq's since i work down there but I can't figure why id search don't work if that is to be a wildcard and show whats on the system. maybe i need to just add the talk groups by hand. but, this dmr system has me wondering if I'm doing it right. I also have the dmr system in for national weather service and ares. haven't heard anything on that either.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
The 0 in the front s just the way BUTEL shows the frequencies. if you check in the options there is a way to stop it.

You haven't said which scanner you have. But since you have ARC-XT it's a uniden. try this

press hold while scanning conventional frequencies.
enter the control channel for Iowa City Racom "Do Not Press Enter"
Press hold again you will see the talkgroups as they come up.

Delete the frequencies you have then enter the following:
09 856.6375c
10 857.6375
11 858.6375
12 859.6375
13 860.6375

Last edited:

IowaGuy1603

Last time I was at IMCC they were still using the Racom system they have been using for several years

Yes I have the DMR systems on my scanner too.....& have heard nothing at IMCC or Ft Dodge

Bandit52240

Premium Subscriber
as stated in my first message its a bcd996p2, is accidentally pushed ps instead of p2

timkilbride

Database Admin
The Iowa DOC DMR Tier III in the database isn't real accurate. About the only thing accurate is the frequencies used. Site and channel ID's are not. I believe the channel ID's are needed for scanner to properly track, I don't have a DMR scanner.

Tim

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
I've monitored talkgroups from both the Fort Dodge and Rockwell City systems using the frequency info in the database. No idea what what the talkgroups' uses were; pretty generic conversations.

tfhphoto

Premium Subscriber
DMR for both. I THINK Fort Dodge may have gone online with it in the past couple of months, I don't recall it being active prior to late Aug- early Sept.

IowaGuy1603

I was at IMCC today (10/10/17) and confirm they are still using EDACS

My PSR 800, which as been altered by Whistler to cover DMR monitors the Anamosa Prison DMR system just fine as it downloads from the RR database

I was in Ft Dodge a couple weeks ago and heard nothing on EITHER system but wasn't driving around a lot.

wirr

Database Admin
When I was at Fort Dodge a year ago, they were on 800 DMR as shown in the database. Talkgroups observed were 46970, 46974, 47000, 47040. 854.6125 is channel 3/4 but would be programmed as frequency 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.