Hot Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
I have been hearing MedicEMS here in Scott County using the term "Hot Response" for some calls. I presume what could of been called Code 3. Anyone have noticed this in their area?

troymail

Silent Key
From my previous home in Maryland, the County started doing Hot, Warm, and Cold responses some time ago.

Hot is lights and sirens.

Cold is "you're just another vehicle on the road" (no priority).

Warm (was discontinued) but meant that the first due/closest unit was to respond "Hot" and all others "cold".

mws72

Premium Subscriber
Another term I have been hearing is immediate response. Which I presume might be "proceed but at normal speed/obey traffic controls"

k9tsu

Someone I know who works for them stated it's something that's "just kind of happened." Sounds like it's just a fad/adopted way of saying code 3.

dreg

Premium Subscriber
Hey Mike, that is Medic EMS is dispatched now there was something on or around New Years day that this will be there new protocol ,I believe they talked about that on channel 6 news ,the dispatcher determines the severity of the event and response is initiated , same way were dispatched here in Clinton county, we do cover some of the Scott county area here in Wheatland and Medic EMS then assigns the severity and responds in kind.

mws72

Premium Subscriber
What you are talking about is a change in the protocols behind the scenes. I doubt we will hear any changes in the actual dispatching. I know Wheatland EMS is assigned an area in the extreme northwest of the county around Dixon-Big Rock. Do you guys use the RACOM Western EMS talkgroup for talking to SECC?

dreg

Premium Subscriber
We are dispatched either Hot or Cold response and that decision is made by the Medic dispatcher. and we've been on the RACOM system about 5 years now so when we respond to Scott county we have to use their system.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
What you are talking about is a change in the protocols behind the scenes. I doubt we will hear any changes in the actual dispatching. I know Wheatland EMS is assigned an area in the extreme northwest of the county around Dixon-Big Rock. Do you guys use the RACOM Western EMS talkgroup for talking to SECC?

To me, it doesn't just sound like a change in protocols... It sounds like a major change in following EMD, which is a good thing.

I wish our dispatch would get on board with EMD, but they're unwilling to do so... I get tired of not being able to work in my own ambulance because there's 4 firefighters with bunker gear in there all trying to spike a bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.